Thread: LTSSL Work to Residence Application: Am I Being Too Ambitous?

Default LTSSL Work to Residence Application: Am I Being Too Ambitous?

Hi Everyone,

Despite this being my first post, It's not my first visit to the ENZ forum. I'd like to say what a wonderful archive of information for people endeavoring on the stressful, yet rewarding journey of migration, and a thanks to those who have contributed!

My question(s):

I will soon have compiled all the documentation I need to submit an LTSSL Work To Residence Visa, but I'm starting to doubt my application. My main concern is that my job isn't actually mentioned on LTSSL, only the Skilled Occupations List.

My judgement may be off (and advice I've taken) because eventual Residence appeals to me and I feel that applying for LTSSL Work to Residence will be more beneficial in the future.

Whilst I'm currently in the UK, I have lived in NZ for the past two years. I have a job offer from the Canterbury Region with respective INZ 1113 Employer Supplementary Form.

Am I naive for attempting to apply? Should I apply for Essential Skills instead? Would applying for Work to Residence hinder a future Essential Skills Work Visa application?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Tom

I had a work to residence visa declined and have since been granted another essential skills visa, so there should be no problem there.

There are two main types of Work to Residence visa - Long Term Skill Shortage & Accredited Employer
    So, if your occupation is not under LTSSL you are not eligible to apply under "Work to Residence.
    It is very important that the occupation is included in Appendix 4- Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) including qualifications and experience match set out in Long Term Skill Shortage List Requirements (Qualification and experience is very important)

But if you wanna go ahead with "Work to residence" lets give it a try, if its not successful the same application can later be considered as "Essential Skills" by CO. (but you have to satisfy your CO that you applied for wrong work visa)

Good Luck !!

Appreciate the feedback guys, thank you.

I'd be gutted if it fell through, so I think it's best for me to be sensible and apply for Essential Skills... Plus, I'll be sleeping a lot easier whilst the Application is in process!