Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are we with the SMC changes?

Question Where are we with the SMC changes?

Hello guys,

So I have been following some news articles and the INZ media centre about the recent policy change to SMC.
    But I am still confused if the changes are final? The INZ notification still says the changes are "proposed" (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...tegory-changes) but in the recent announcement Michael Woodhouse said they WILL be implemented on August 28.

Can someone please explain to me the status of the new policy? Is it now just about to get implemented or can there still be some jolts?

Thanks.

They haven't been implemented yet. Initially they were expecting to be released on 16th August but then they decided to postpone them to the end of August to reconsider some of the proposed changes.

Hi there,

As per the last announcement, there have been no changes to the SMC policy that was proposed back in April: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...tegory-changes
    Yes, there is supposed to be more information coming out in early August. Let's hope INZ keep its word and come out with a press release soon. My understanding is that it is just a matter of few days before the picture gets clearer. But this is all almost final.
    <Not an immigration advice, just my assessment of the situation so far since that's what you asked for>

Thanks guys.
    INZ said that they would give more information in June end, then it was early July and now it is early August. Can someone please help me understand what's happening with the changes? Is there any news that the new policy has been shelved?
    What's the current status of the SMC policy?
    JandM and ChrisMwn, I will really be thankful if you can clarify this. I will be devastated if I suddenly come to know that the new policy is not coming into effect. I really hope that's not the case.

There has been no further news. When there is any news, it will be announced on the INZ Media Centre page.

I'm a member of the public, and ChrisMwn is an LIA - neither of us has any direct link to INZ or the NZ government. Therefore, we don't know any more than anyone else about this.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There has been no further news. When there is any news, it will be announced on the INZ Media Centre page.

I'm a member of the public, and ChrisMwn is an LIA - neither of us has any direct link to INZ or the NZ government. Therefore, we don't know any more than anyone else about this.
    The amendment Circulars have been published today. They should appear on the website soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gayyanm View Post
    Hello guys,

So I have been following some news articles and the INZ media centre about the recent policy change to SMC.
    But I am still confused if the changes are final? The INZ notification still says the changes are "proposed" (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...tegory-changes) but in the recent announcement Michael Woodhouse said they WILL be implemented on August 28.

Can someone please explain to me the status of the new policy? Is it now just about to get implemented or can there still be some jolts?

Thanks.
    New changes have been announced:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...policy-details

Well, pretty much what it was expected. No surprises, right?

When we can submit EOI under the new system

It starts from 28th August.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast