Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dependent Visitor Visa - Processing time Mumbia

Default Dependent Visitor Visa - Processing time Mumbia

Hi All

Does anyone know how long it takes INZ Mumbia to process a dependent visitor visa? The website says 25 days but it has been almost 33 working days. According to our agent they have not heard anything not even requesting for additional documents. They are reluctant to call or email INZ Mumbai and does not want me to call. Any insight/advice is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Any time said on the website is just an estimate and is not guaranteed. They will only contact you if they need any extra evidence. Now a days its taking around 1-3 months and its normal . Mean while just prepare for interview incase they interview you both. Patience is the key. All the best

Anything said on the webisite is just an eatimate . Normally its taking 1-3 months to process dependent application whether its visitor or work visa. Just be patience. They will only contact you if they require any additional documents. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sameer456 View Post
    Anything said on the webisite is just an eatimate . Normally its taking 1-3 months to process dependent application whether its visitor or work visa. Just be patience. They will only contact you if they require any additional documents. All the best.
    Thank you so much for your reply Sameer456.

Do you think it's ok for me to call Immigration NZ in auckland to find out whether a case officer is assigned or should the agent call?

Is it true that if I call instead of the agent that they would delay the process even further?

Quote Originally Posted by EIT View Post
    Do you think it's ok for me to call Immigration NZ in auckland to find out whether a case officer is assigned or should the agent call?

Is it true that if I call instead of the agent that they would delay the process even further?
    Wrong. You can call anyday anytime. Its your application so its normal for you to be concerned on whats happening on your application. Ya its stupid to call once a week but its unlikely that it will be proceed slow for ringing call center.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull77 View Post
    Wrong. You can call anyday anytime. Its your application so its normal for you to be concerned on whats happening on your application. Ya its stupid to call once a week but its unlikely that it will be proceed slow for ringing call center.
    Thank you for replying Bull77. I thought the same. but my agent refuses to give my client number and does not want me to call Immigration NZ at all. No idea why. I only have my passport number. Will take your advice and ring immigration. Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by EIT View Post
    Thank you for replying Bull77. I thought the same. but my agent refuses to give my client number and does not want me to call Immigration NZ at all. No idea why. I only have my passport number. Will take your advice and ring immigration. Thanks alot
    Hi All, does anyone know under what circumstances does Immigration NZ Mumbai check the medical report again by passing it to the panel of Doctors? I submitted my visa documents from Sri Lanka (processed in Mumbai) on 21 June. Agent doesnt want us to call to check on my Dependent visitor visa application nor do they give us some information. After 33 days today we get the information saying that the medical reports had to be given to a panel of doctors. We didnt get information about redoing the medical nor requesting for any additional documents.
    Also if its with the panel of doctors any idea how long it will take from their on?

Really appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks in advance.

All medicals are scanned by computer when they arrive at INZ. They will be referred to a Medical Assessor if the examining doctor has marked anything as abnormal, or, WE THINK, if certain keywords are present (but that part is not publicly known - it's a deduction from what has happened to other people).

There is a date-order queue for the medicals to be looked at by an MA (Medical Assessor), and how long it is depends on how many applications have been referred just before yours. It's unpredictable. When your medical gets to the front of the queue and is looked at by the MA, s/he may see that the only issue is some reading that is 0.01 outside the normal range, in which case s/he will straight away tell INZ that the medical shows an Acceptable Standard of Health. But the MA's job is to understand thoroughly the person's medical condition, and that they aren't likely to cost the NZ Health Service too much. They have the power to require as many doctor's reports or extra tests as they need in order to understand, and they will only declare ASH when they DO understand.

So your medical may not have had a turn for an MA's attention yet, and you could still get a message requiring some other report or test. Or else the MA may have seen it and passed it ASH. It is time still just to wait and see - it's not beyond a normal wait yet.

Thank you so much for your reply JandM.
    So as soon as we submit the documents to INZ, they scan the medicals and refer to MA if they think there is anything abnormal? Is it only after the MA has assessed the documents that a CO is allocated?

Sorry for asking more questions. Its just that our Immigration Adviser keeps giving mismatch information. Until yesterday she was just saying that its in the queue and Immigration NZ Mumbai is quite busy. We are totally lost in this as no additional documents have been requested as of now.

Thank you so very much for your assistance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast