Thread: Left things way too late !

Default Left things way too late !

Please help!

Being the useless unorganized person that I am I have left applying for a new visa till 2 months before my current one expires. I am currently on a temp partnership and am applying for residence. I have stacks of paperwork which I have been working on for a long time, my medical is complete and forms complete.. I have the fee money ready and have applied for police certs ( late as we moved house and i was collevting proof of address ) BUT I realised when I was about to submit that I only had my small birth cert.. I don't even know what a full one looks like but apparently it has to have parents names and this one does not! My mum back in England has applied for a full one for me and will send but this is eating into time I'm pretty sure I don't have !

I will be applying to extend my temp partnership visa as that's what the immigration told me yo do when I called.. they also told me to send the paperwork with just the receipt of the police cert and send it in at a later date ( would this be ok ? )

Should I wait for the birth cert or send the rest of the paperwork in to be looked at?

My partner and j have just purchased a house together.

Time has got away from me and I am seriously worried and loosing sleep about how late I have left this!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you
    Chloe

they also told me to send the paperwork with just the receipt of the police cert and send it in at a later date ( would this be ok ? )
    As this is what the INZ call answerer told you, that's what you do. If in doubt, you can include in a covering letter that you phoned on x date and were told to do this.

It is all right to submit an application for a new temporary visa any time right up until the old one expires. INZ can issue you with an interim visa to keep you legal during processing (but they can't do this with an application for Residence). So I think you need not worry about waiting for the birth certificate - it should arrive sooner than that, I think. And unless INZ have said so, an application needs to be complete WITH all the mandatory requirements, or it won't be lodged.

UK birth certificates can be ordered online and with a priority fee and courier can be in NZ within 7-10 days.
    see https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/