Thread: Need help with expert on Medical Waiver

Default Need help with expert on Medical Waiver

Hi,

I have applied for residence along with my two daughters. My elder daughter is 14 and younger one is 8. My elder daughter has mild down syndrome but she is independent and goes to school. She has been awarded best student many times. She is currently with my parents in home country while my younger one is in NZ with me.

Since my elder daughter does not have acceptable standard of health and in future, would require ORS funding, we have received an email from case officer saying that she would like to have our opinion if we wish to go ahead with our application and send any medical opinion so that she can apply for medical waiver. Incase medical waiver is not granted, all four applications would be declined. But if we withdraw her application now, our residence would be granted but when we apply for her residence later on, she would not be eligible for medical waiver.

Can someone please guide on what to do, we are stuck in a grave situation. I would appreciate JandM and Chris's opinion on this.
    Last edited by Newhere1; 8th August 2017 at 01:18 PM.

i hope someone with knowlegde about this responds quickly .

Hi . Jandm and ChrisMwn give their services here voluntary as do we all and are not on this forum all the time and because of time differences this can also have a factor. I have removed all your other requests as they do see all posts and this is the best thread to answer to. Someone will answer you .

Quote Originally Posted by Newhere1 View Post
    Hi,

I have applied for residence along with my two daughters. My elder daughter is 14 and younger one is 8. My elder daughter has mild down syndrome but she is independent and goes to school. She has been awarded best student many times. She is currently with my parents in home country while my younger one is in NZ with me.

Since my elder daughter does not have acceptable standard of health and in future, would require ORS funding, we have received an email from case officer saying that she would like to have our opinion if we wish to go ahead with our application and send any medical opinion so that she can apply for medical waiver. Incase medical waiver is not granted, all four applications would be declined. But if we withdraw her application now, our residence would be granted but when we apply for her residence later on, she would not be eligible for medical waiver.

Can someone please guide on what to do, we are stuck in a grave situation. I would appreciate JandM and Chris's opinion on this.
    Have been in contact via PM

Hi there,

We received a medical waiver for our daughter with ORS funding earlier this year. It was a very long process - it took about 2 years from when we first submitted the EOI.

Do you think she wouldn't require any support in school? I would collect as many letters and reports from school as you can saying that she is independent and requires minimal support.

Let me know if I can answer any questions about the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhere1 View Post
    Hi,