Thread: Getting Anxious...anything else I can/should do?

Default Getting Anxious...anything else I can/should do?

Hey all,

So I am here on a working holiday visa, which expires on August 24th, 2017. My husband and I tried to apply for a SMC but were unfortunately unsuccessful with him as the primary applicant. We have reapplied with myself as the primary applicant since my job has since changed to a higher skilled job related to my degree but...we are getting concerned about the timing.

We have an ITA for our second SMC. I have also applied for an Essential Skills and him a related partnership work visa (unfortunately before we got the ITA). We have submitted our passports for the Essential skills/partnership visas and, once we get them back will send them in with our resident application (still waiting on some other paperwork too).

Is there anything else we can/should do? Getting concerned with our current visa expiring soon and want to stay legal in the country. Immigration will likely have our passports when our visa expires.

Any suggestions?

EOI-attempt1 Accepted: 21/12/2016
    ITA attempt1 Received: 11/01/2017
    ITA attempt1 Accepted: 06/03/2017
    Medical Certificate Received/checked: 14/03/2017
    CO first contact: 07/04/17 - Sent an email to introduce himself
    CO requested additional info - 16/06-Jun/17
    I got a new job...yay! 28/06/2017
    ITA rejected: 15/07/2017
    EOI -attempt 2 submitted: 17/07/2017
    EOI - attempt 2 accepted: 19/07/2017
    ITA Recieved: 24/07/2017
    Essential Skills Application submitted: 24/07/2017
    Partnership Visa Application received: 4/08/2017

As long as your application for Essential Skills and his partnership visas have been lodged, INZ will issue you with Interim visas to keep you legal while processing continues. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa

If you're ready to apply for Residence, you could ask INZ to have your passports back to do that. Or, come to think of it, it might be worth asking the INZ call centre if you can submit your ITA saying, 'Our passports are with INZ (whichever) branch with our other applications.' Or... did you maybe get any certified copies of your passports before sending them in? Because the copies would do with the ITA.

Thanks!! I received my approval for my Essential Skills visa yesterday. Such a relief! Now we are just hoping/waiting for my husband's application to be approved. Thank you for all the advice (on the rest of the forums) that helped us figure out what to do to get this far!

We are almost ready to submit our ITA...just waiting on 2 letters to arrive from Canada that will support my work history.

Suggestion: get certified copies of your passport to send in to INZ with that next application.