Thread: SMC Resident Visa Application

Default SMC Resident Visa Application

Does INZ issues eVisa (electronic visa) for SMC Resident Visa Application? even in special cases?

I haven't heard of any eVisas issued for Residence.

Why do you ask?

Hi JandM,

My SMC resident visa application was already Approved in Principle but my passport was lost by NZ post when I mailed it to INZ.

It would take 3 months to get a new passport and my current work visa will expire in Sept 2017.

I'm planning to apply for an Essential Skills Visa in order to work and stay legally in NZ.

When I was lodging an online Essential Skills Visa application, one of the questions states:

What evidence will you provide to show that there are no New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holders available to fill the position that you have been offered?
    a. I will attach evidence from my employer of advertising and/or other evidence from my employer that there are no New Zealanders available to fill this position
    b. My employer has an approval in principle for a work visa holder to fill this position
    c. My occupation is on one of the Essential Skills in Demand lists and I meet the work experience/qualifications specified on the list
    d. I will attach evidence from my employer that they have engaged with the Canterbury Skills and Employment Hub, and I meet the requirements specified (for work within Canterbury only)
    e. I hold a temporary work visa and have a valid Skilled Migrant Category invitation to apply, for the role I am currently employed in.
    f. I hold a temporary work visa and have a Skilled Migrant Category application currently under assessment, for the role I am currently employed in.

I'm not sure if still need to apply this visa as letter F says "currently under assessment". There has been a decision about my resident visa application from the AIP letter I received and my online status was also changed from Pending to APPROVED.

I just wondering if INZ can issue eVisa in this case prior to my work visa expiry while still waiting for my new passport and have a visa label once received?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvictus View Post
    Hi JandM,

My SMC resident visa application was already Approved in Principle but my passport was lost by NZ post when I mailed it to INZ.

It would take 3 months to get a new passport and my current work visa will expire in Sept 2017.

I'm planning to apply for an Essential Skills Visa in order to work and stay legally in NZ.

When I was lodging an online Essential Skills Visa application, one of the questions states:

a. I will attach evidence from my employer of advertising and/or other evidence from my employer that there are no New Zealanders available to fill this position
    b. My employer has an approval in principle for a work visa holder to fill this position
    c. My occupation is on one of the Essential Skills in Demand lists and I meet the work experience/qualifications specified on the list
    d. I will attach evidence from my employer that they have engaged with the Canterbury Skills and Employment Hub, and I meet the requirements specified (for work within Canterbury only)
    e. I hold a temporary work visa and have a valid Skilled Migrant Category invitation to apply, for the role I am currently employed in.
    f. I hold a temporary work visa and have a Skilled Migrant Category application currently under assessment, for the role I am currently employed in.

I'm not sure if still need to apply this visa as letter F says "currently under assessment". There has been a decision about my resident visa application from the AIP letter I received and my online status was also changed from Pending to APPROVED.

I just wondering if INZ can issue eVisa in this case prior to my work visa expiry while still waiting for my new passport and have a visa label once received?

Why will you apply to a new visa if you don't have a passport to attach to the application? what type of official document do you have to show who you are?

You need to email or call INZ and explain you situation... do you have any prove from the post that your passport was lost? will you received any compassion for their mistake? do you have a reference number from your NZ post package? We are talking about your passport (your identity)...

I know I am demanding answers... but your best option will be to get a proper help from INZ - you have a Permanent Visa Approved...