Thread: Work visa status pending but ITA expiring and PCC pending

Unhappy Work visa status pending but ITA expiring and PCC pending

Hi everyone,

My work visa through partnership is pending. My passport is currently with Immigration New Zealand since I included that along with my work visa application. However, I need the actual passport to apply for PCC and subsequently also submit with my ITA since the contact centre of Immigration NZ advised standard time-frame for work visa processing as 2-4 months.

I am not sure if I can apply for PCC without an actual passport and if not, how can I ask for my passport back to apply for PCC and later submit my passport as part of my ITA's required documents.

I am getting a bit worried about my passport being required for different purposes linked for separate submissions for work visa (under partnership) and about 2 months remaining for ITA to expire besides also having to submit a PCC application.

Could anyone please advise?

Thanks!

You can write to INZ to ask them to send back your passport because you need it for other purposes. This will not hold up processing of the visa for which you have currently applied, because they will mark the file that they have seen the passport.

When you apply for Residence, notice that you can do this by submitting a certified copy of your passport along with the ITA - you don't need to send the actual passport until it is needed to have the visa label stuck in.

Thanks a lot, JanM. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can write to INZ to ask them to send back your passport because you need it for other purposes. This will not hold up processing of the visa for which you have currently applied, because they will mark the file that they have seen the passport.

When you apply for Residence, notice that you can do this by submitting a certified copy of your passport along with the ITA - you don't need to send the actual passport until it is needed to have the visa label stuck in.
    The Immigration NZ team returned my passport. Once I receive the PCC in the next few days, do I need to resubmit my passport back to Immigration NZ?

If I receive the electronic version of my work visa, can I re-submit my passport later to Immigration NZ for them to put the visa label? Will I be charged separately for it?

If you are given an electronic visa, you won't need a label in your passport, saying the same thing. If INZ decides to issue a non-electronic visa, they will ask for your passport back to stick it in, all as part of the process.

Thanks JandM. If my passport isn't with them, would that delay my work visa decision?

Also, out of curiosity, is it possible to request for a labelled visa if an evisa is issued in case of post-study work visa or even work visa based on partnership? How much do they charge for this facility?

No, your passport being with you will not delay the decision. They know they have seen the passport and checked it as genuine, and that is recorded in your file.

You can ask for a visa label. See the bottom line here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-online/evisas I don't know what the fee would be, as I've never heard of anyone that has done it. You would need to ask INZ.