Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joint account issue

Default Joint account issue

Pls my partner and i have been collecting evidences for his partnership work visa as he's been here for almost 3 months months now on a partnership visitor visa...we've tried converting my existing account to a joint account ...but the bank said we cannot do that until he's got the work visa and we've tried opening a new one with another bank and d response was the same.
    Pls for those who have done this before ,how did u get ur joint account here or can we apply without that as that is d only concern for now.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlee View Post
    Pls my partner and i have been collecting evidences for his partnership work visa as he's been here for almost 3 months months now on a partnership visitor visa...we've tried converting my existing account to a joint account ...but the bank said we cannot do that until he's got the work visa and we've tried opening a new one with another bank and d response was the same.
    Pls for those who have done this before ,how did u get ur joint account here or can we apply without that as that is d only concern for now.
    Thanks
    Hi

My friend faced same problem with ASB bank, but ANZ bank has opened his joint account.
    just try ANZ bank, and are you in Auckland?

Thanks

**Please don't take it as an immigration advice**

Yes we are in Auckland....it was ASB we will try ANZ really appreciates
    Last edited by Shirlee; 15th August 2017 at 06:31 PM.

If you can't get a joint account, it won't matter as long as you can show your two, separate, accounts both making payments for some expenses that are for BOTH of you, e.g. household items, gas and electricity, travel for both of you if you go together. If just one pays something large and regular, for instance, the rent, the other could show regularly transferring some money to that person's account to go towards it.

There is nothing vital about a joint account as far as INZ is concerned - it is just one suggested way of proving that both the couple are managing their lives in common.

Thank u so much for the response...but the issue about this is that we weren't sure if husband cards were gonna work here because of his country several new policies on card use oversea....so he came in with cash which were converted to NZD....so most of the money was spent in cash and no record for that....any advice for us please?
    What could be done in this case

Yes plz try ANZ bank .

Hi JandM,
    I have Q plz why the partner should show evidence about Pay bills together or use ( money ) together , I don't understand to make this way as evidence to prove relationship and couples they live together.
    As my situation , I don't have money to pay for anything and my husband ( a kiwi) can't add my name too all house bills .

All evidence that we have ( mails sent to us to the same address and txt phone between each other and support ltr from his family and pics )

Seriously what if the woman doesn't have money at all and she can't work at this time as she is carrying vistorr visa not the work one .

why the partner should show evidence about Pay bills together or use ( money ) together
    It is one way of showing that the couple are sharing decisions as an important part of partnership. Maybe your partner could give you an allowance so that you can be seen to be spending on behalf of you both.

Thanks for the info....issue as been solved.

Will update about the application when submitted.

Good luck to you SHIRLEE

good luck with that, my sons partner didnt work and they lived in our home, they didnt have the evidence needed for example tenancy agreement, bills in joint name or a joint bank account. Their application got dismissed in 4 days. They are a true and stable couple, so in love and now so unhappy to be apart. So hard to try and formulate a way for them to be together. INZ need to realise not all couple meet the profile that they desire. There seem to be more and more cases going public at the moment that highlights this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast