Thread: Overworked on whv, now applying for esv

Default Overworked on whv, now applying for esv

Got myself stuck in a situation where I was offered sponsorship but the process was dragged out over 6 months due to senior management being slack (big company, job offer over 42k /high skilled ) but I was in a situation where If I left then the job offer / position would not have been made.
    Decided to risk it and go quite a lot over the 12 months, didn't claim the 700 in tax owed etc etc kept my head down
    Had to go back to the UK as my visa was expiring and will be applying from here.
    Fully aware I was breaking my visa restrictions but it was my only chance of staying longer (hoping to go for residency in the future along with my partner)

The job has been posted online for a few weeks and I will be applying shortly, however I'm unsure as to if I should or shouldn't be totally honest when writing my CV.
    The job has already been offered to me, the application / interview is a formality

Do INZ see my CV ?
    Do they always check your work history through IRD?
    Is it better to declare then answer the questions when they come ? Or keep hushed and hope they don't pick up on it ?
    The job is in the far far north and I'm confident nobody will meet the requirements they have listed, being from an area outside Auckland and in the Horticulture industry would this make them more likely to brush it under the carpet even if they did pick up on it ?

Thanks in advance

Answering your questions, you must always be absolutly honest with INZ.

Providing false or misleading information is often viewed far more seriously than a more simple transgression of the rules.

You don't need to provide a CV, but could simply provide a letter from your employer saying that you had previously worked for them while on a WHV.
    INZ don't check IRD records, but might ask you to provide previous earnings information.

If they ask about the period you worked for, again you will have to be absolutely honest and provide an explanation.

Claim your tax, its yours!