Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Without skilled employment in NZ will only grant Job Search Visa!!!

Exclamation Without skilled employment in NZ will only grant Job Search Visa!!!

Refer to the new rules announced today, no more resident visa will be grant directly to applicants without skilled employment in NZ!

So offshore without a job offer applicant like me will only have JSV! Is my understanding correct?

My ITA lodged already in July, is my application being impacted? Do I still have a chance to get a resident visa directly after the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by kne View Post
    Refer to the new rules announced today, no more resident visa will be grant directly to applicants without skilled employment in NZ!

So offshore without a job offer applicant like me will only have JSV! Is my understanding correct?

My ITA lodged already in July, is my application being impacted? Do I still have a chance to get a resident visa directly after the interview?
    The grant of SMC job search visas
    SM3.20 Deferral of a decision on the resident visa application
    WR5.5 Currency of Work to Residence Visas
    Under the revised SMC instructions all applicants who do not have New Zealand employment or a Master’s degree or Doctorate gained after two years of study in New Zealand, but who otherwise meet requirements for approval, will be invited to apply for a job search visa to enable them to find skilled employment in New Zealand.
    Work to Residence instructions for the Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa have been amended to allow offshore applicants to travel to New Zealand for the purpose of finding skilled employment at any time during the 12 month validity of their job search visa.
    ‘Settlement and contribution’ requirements have been removed from the SMC instructions, including the requirement for applicants to be interviewed to assess whether they can realise their potential to settle in and contribute to New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    The grant of SMC job search visas
    SM3.20 Deferral of a decision on the resident visa application
    WR5.5 Currency of Work to Residence Visas
    Under the revised SMC instructions all applicants who do not have New Zealand employment or a Master’s degree or Doctorate gained after two years of study in New Zealand, but who otherwise meet requirements for approval, will be invited to apply for a job search visa to enable them to find skilled employment in New Zealand.
    Work to Residence instructions for the Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa have been amended to allow offshore applicants to travel to New Zealand for the purpose of finding skilled employment at any time during the 12 month validity of their job search visa.
    ‘Settlement and contribution’ requirements have been removed from the SMC instructions, including the requirement for applicants to be interviewed to assess whether they can realise their potential to settle in and contribute to New Zealand.
    Thank you ChrisMwn. My question is am I applying to this new rule also?? Since my ITA already lodged in July2017, which before the new rules effected, am I still applying to the old rules, which have a chance for interview and have a chance to get RV directly?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...igrant-details

According to the FAQ:
    "I have already submitted my SMC application but it has not yet been finalised. What will happen to my application if it’s not decided until after the changes come into effect?

Because your application was submitted before the changes come into effect it will continue to be assessed under the current instructions."

So I guess u have a chance to get RV

Quote Originally Posted by hengsit View Post
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...igrant-details

According to the FAQ:
    "I have already submitted my SMC application but it has not yet been finalised. What will happen to my application if it’s not decided until after the changes come into effect?

Because your application was submitted before the changes come into effect it will continue to be assessed under the current instructions."

So I guess u have a chance to get RV
    Thanks Hengsit, it really sounds good to me, I hope I can get RV directly in the result, if JSV in result, it is really a big risk to me and my family, because I need to try job search by quitting my current job without any guarantee to success, and I have to seperate with my family, included 2 young kids for 1 year.

I think this new rule is extremely tough to those offshore applicants who have their own job in their country, with this rule they must quit their current job to try the Job Search in NZ.

In this sense, now NZ only welcome those skilled people who are currently working in NZ, or having a job offer in NZ, or having a Master’s degree or Doctorate gained after two years of study in New Zealand. They actually blocked those skilled person who are working in their own country, and interested to immigrate to NZ. Their now have no door except their are willing to walk on the road full of thorns.

Quote Originally Posted by kne View Post

Hi Kne, for your question, the Q&A from announcement give the detail explain "I have already submitted my SMC application but it has not yet been finalised. What will happen to my application if it’s not decided until after the changes come into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by andy1105928 View Post
    Hi Kne, for your question, the Q&A from announcement give the detail explain "I have already submitted my SMC application but it has not yet been finalised. What will happen to my application if it’s not decided until after the changes come into effect?

Thank you Andy, I really worried about this

Dear Kne, as your application has been lodged earlier, so you should be fine. Dont worry! everything will be fine. indeed, be fully prepared for the interview! goodluck my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Bull77 View Post
    Dear Kne, as your application has been lodged earlier, so you should be fine. Dont worry! everything will be fine. indeed, be fully prepared for the interview! goodluck my friend!
    Thank you Bull77, you are right I should concentrate on the interview preparation, if not perform well at interview may still get the JSV

If I have been granted JSV at the result, then I need to come to NZ and search for a skilled job.

For this case, does the job need to fulfil the minimum remuneration requirements?

I think for my case because I am under the old rules, so I do not have the minimum remuneration requirements. If I get JSV after interview, then any skilled job with any salary level should also be fine to get a RV in result.

For the case in new rules, JSV applicants should find a job with incomes over the minimum remuneration requirements, right? That makes the JSV more risky to applicants.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast