Thread: Calling to INZ Helpline

Default Calling to INZ Helpline

Hello All,

I want to know that is it fine to call helpline weekly to know the status of residence application?

Could it make negative impact?

Thank you

It is not to be encouraged. There is no way you can be told every step of your case being processed. All you can hear is something like, "It is in the queue," or, "It is still being processed."

Also, how would you feel if your employer had given you a task, and then kept asking, "Are you doing it?" "Have you done it?" Logs show applicant contacts. Why would you want your CO to feel irritated and untrusted? A lot of the time, s/he will have spent working other people's cases, too, as they all work about 100 at the same time in rotation. Let her/him get on with the job without hassle. S/He will get in touch if s/he needs more information or has anything to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It is not to be encouraged. There is no way you can be told every step of your case being processed. All you can hear is something like, "It is in the queue," or, "It is still being processed."

Also, how would you feel if your employer had given you a task, and then kept asking, "Are you doing it?" "Have you done it?" Logs show applicant contacts. Why would you want your CO to feel irritated and untrusted? A lot of the time, s/he will have spent working other people's cases, too, as they all work about 100 at the same time in rotation. Let her/him get on with the job without hassle. S/He will get in touch if s/he needs more information or has anything to tell you.
    Thank you very much for your reply. You are always helpful.

Actually my interview was scheduled on 25th July and after the interview CO informed that he is waiting for NSC since 2 months so I just call to take update on NSC so actually it is not about forcing CO at all. He himself waiting for NSC to make decision.

How about checking online status. Does it also generate any logs to CO?

Thanks
    Last edited by rev0lutionpk; 18th August 2017 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irfanpk View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply. You are always helpful.

Actually my interview was scheduled on 25th July and after the interview CO informed that he is waiting for NSC since 2 months so I just call to take update on NSC so actually it is not about forcing CO at all. He himself waiting for NSC to make decision.

How about checking online status. Does it also generate any logs to CO?

Thanks
    But the CO will let you know when a decision has been made without you asking....

You can't MAKE anything happen. The CO will tell you when there is something to tell. Does it occur to you, the CO is just as keen to see your case finished as you are? Of course a CO doesn't have the same emotional involvement as the applicant, but it is frustrating for him/her to have a case hanging about, coming around again and again in the rotating work queue with nothing s/he can do because there is something missing that has to come from people over whom s/he has no control.

No, checking the online status is fine.