Thread: Interim visa?

Default Interim visa?

Hello,

I had applied for my work visa (under partnership) in the beginning of this month - as per my conversation with Immigration NZ, it may take at least 2-4 months of wait time. My visa expires on August 28, however, I haven't received any interim visa yet.

Does the immigration NZ automatically grant an interim visa? If yes, how soon is that issued considering I am just a few days away from my current work visa expiry.

Is it appropriate to ask them for an interim work visa - same visa that I had earlier (under partnership).

Please advise.

Thanks!

It is issued right at the time the old visa expires, not in advance. ChrisMwn has said the applicant normally hears within a week afterwards. You don't hear in advance, and you can't apply for it. But it will be okay.

Hi JandM, thank you so much for your response.

My employer has begun following up on my visa status repeatedly.

If my interim visa is issued a week later, it will result in loss of earnings for me since they are asking for proof of a valid visa and will not allow me to work, even if it's issued a week later.

Could anything be done to request it via the call centre? I have their email address too since they returned my passport too as I had to lodge a PCC.

Thanks,
    Famed

Ask the employer to ask INZ. That ought to put his mind at rest. You CAN'T take action. But you are, and will continue to be, covered, which is what he ought to hear from INZ.