Thread: Residency based on Partnership

Default Residency based on Partnership

Hi to Everyone
    I have a request to do
    I have already a work visa based on Partnership based on the relationship with my Partner that is NZ Citizen.
    I will like to Apply for the residency as soon as possible because i don t want to ask another police check from Italy (because is very hard, complicate and long ) and Mine will expire soon for the immigration purpose.
    I can now prove 10 months of living together, common account etc etc, not the 12 requested from immigration.
    Can I apply now , go in the queue (that will take months ) and after give them more information when they will require me ?
    If someone had experiences in a situation like this and want to share his/her experience I will be very grateful to know something.
    Thanks
    Have a good day

No, this is not possible.

INZ are not allowed to take notice of what WILL be, only what IS. Any application sent with only 10 months' evidence, when 12 is required, would be rejected.

Thank you very much.
    But they will reject the application immediately or they will request more evidence ?

Quote Originally Posted by fraroma View Post
    Thank you very much.
    But they will reject the application immediately or they will request more evidence ?
    In May INZ amended their rules so that decisions on applications under partnership category cannot be deferred if the couple have not met the 12 month living together requirement at the time of assessment.

By lodging the application you run the risk that it could be assessed immediately and therefore be declined.

Discontinue ‘partnership deferral’ policy for Partnership Category residence applications

F2.25 Verification

F2.5 How do partners of New Zealand citizens and residents qualify for a residence class
    visa?

Immigration instructions are amended in line with a Cabinet decision to discontinue the
    ‘partnership deferral’ policy. Instead, minimum partnership requirements must be met at the
    time that the assessment is made. No provision is given to delay a decision to allow
    applicants to meet the 12-month time requirement for living together in a genuine and stable
    relationship.
    In addition to amendments to F2.5 and F2.25, the following immigration
    instructions are rescinded:

 F2.35 Deferring the final decision if the partnership is genuine and stable but less than
    12 months duration, and

 WF2.15 Principal applicants of residence application under Partnership Category whose
    application has been deferred.

That said, in most cases there is likely to be 2 months at least between lodgment and when a case might be assessed in most branches. your decision if you want to run the risk of the application being allocated , assessed and declined because you haven't met the 12 month living together requirement.