Thread: Claim points of work experience under new rule

Default Claim points of work experience under new rule

Hello everyone.

I am woking as a diesel mechanic in New Zealand. My essential skilled work visa is granted with my workinh experience. I have 6 years workinh experience. However, under new rule for claim work experience needs qualification or 3 years of relevent experience. In this case, can I apply points for 6 years or only 3 years after except 3years.

Thank you guys. I expected so much, because my Eoi points was 145 and i got 5 point from age then If I can apply 6 years work experience, i will get 160 eoi point.
    But now i am so confusing.... Please let me know what is correct. Thank you.

Asking to be sure I understand your work pattern - did you qualify, then work for six years after that? Or did you work three years, qualify at the end of that time, then work three more years?

I qualified as marine engineering then i worked 6 years. I think if I want to appky Eoi as a diesel mechanic, I need diesel mechanic qualification or 3 years experience.

I've heard from an LIA that if his clients in this situation have claimed for the full time, that is, six years' experience for you, it's always been all right. You'd better look at the new SMC regulations, though, just to check that there isn't anything to go against this. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...017-12-smc.pdf (I haven't had a chance yet to read through them all myself, so I don't know right at this moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I've heard from an LIA that if his clients in this situation have claimed for the full time, that is, six years' experience for you, it's always been all right. You'd better look at the new SMC regulations, though, just to check that there isn't anything to go against this. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...017-12-smc.pdf (I haven't had a chance yet to read through them all myself, so I don't know right at this moment.)

Thank you bro.
    It is very helpful and I found something.

"Note: ‘Prior work experience’ is work experience completed before the work experience for which points are
    claimed. Prior work experience does not have to be ‘skilled work experience"

I think i can claim 3 years work experience.
    But that is okay. I can still get 10 points from new zealand worl experience....

Anyway thank you so much.!