Thread: Any significant advantage of an LIA?

Question Any significant advantage of an LIA?

Hello everyone,

All the members who have used an LIA (Licensed Immigration Adviser) to file their applications with INZ, do you think there was any significant advantage of doing so?

1. Was the overall processing time lesser?
    2. Was there less back and forth with the CO?
    3. Did your application especially the evidence you submitted, end up being more comprehensive and compelling?

I am very confused if it is worth getting an LIA with the new policy in place, not because I don't want to handle everything myself but because I don't feel confident if I will get a chance to be well versed with the new rules. Also, many of the old threads on the forum will now not be of much help since the rules of the game will be somewhat different.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think anyone can give you a meaningful answer. Anyone who DID use an adviser doesn't know what would have happened to their case if they DIDN'T, and vice versa.

Anyway, no adviser or immigration lawyer has any "pull" with INZ, so clients' cases don't get any special priority. Anyone (with adviser or not) will only get contacted by the CO if there is evidence or information missing from their application - that is the trigger for the CO requiring more input from you, not the name of an LIA on the paperwork. A private individual can get all the details of what is required from INZ's website and forms if they are careful. LIAs tell you the same things the paperwork and website tells you, and you still have to assemble all the documents yourself. You have got an equal chance with everyone else of absorbing the new regulations - they are there for us all (LIAs, you, me) to see from just these last few days. LIAs haven't had any preview.