Thread: NZ Immigration decision time

Default NZ Immigration decision time

Hi,
    I would like to go review my case in the forum....
    Actually, my Residency case was started by the end of 2012 and got the WTR Visa in 2015. I came to New Zealand in Feb 2016 and last year got the job in August. I informed my London Case Officer about the job but he told me that from now on-wards every application has to be submitted in Auckland. Therefore, i submitted it in October 2016 via Legal Adviser and the case officer was allocated in november 2016.
    But Unfortunately during that my work visa got expired and have to renew it and was renewed in early december 2016. During this period my CO requested some documents from me (about me and my Family) and from my employer as well, which i and my employer have provided and in march 2017 she for the medical of me and my spouse. I did submit it by the mid of April 2017 but unluckily my CO left the immigration and after 3 months new CO was re-allocated on my case.
    The new CO asked some other documents i.e.

1. My Relationship Evidence
    2. My IRD summary of both years i.e. 2016-2017; 2017-2018
    3. My Pay Slips
    4. My Bank Statements

I don't know why CO asked for the Bank Statements, along with this she also asked some other documents from the employer as well. Soft copies of the Documents have been submitted to the CO 2 weeks back as for the hard copies was posted last week, but until now have no response. As per my Legal Advisor this has to be the last stage and CO have to finalise the decision, but until now haven't got any response from the CO.

Can any tell how long does it take to finalise the decision or my case has been forwarded to 2nd person check.

Thanks
    Ahsan

The bank statements serve to show the actual sums of money for your pay arriving in your bank account. It is part of proving that you are really being paid what the employer has stated, and what the pay slips show. (This is because some employers try to help a friend or relative to whom they have given a job by fraudulently claiming they pay them more, which would make the job seem skilled when in fact it isn't.)

The CO also has to check out the employer, to make sure that s/he complies with NZ employment law, and that the business is on a sound financial footing.

When the responses went back to your CO, they will have been put in your file, wherever it happens to be at the moment in the CO's rotating work queue. Every CO is dealing with about 100 cases at the same time. The CO won't have seen those documents until your file has worked its way up the queue again, and has its next turn for attention.

There is no way to tell how long it will be until the CO finishes verification on your case. There is no set time. It takes as long as it takes. But it sounds likely that, as the adviser said, this should be the last phase, unless the most recent documents throw up any further questions.

Thanks alot dear

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ahsan View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to go review my case in the forum....
    Actually, my Residency case was started by the end of 2012 and got the WTR Visa in 2015. I came to New Zealand in Feb 2016 and last year got the job in August. I informed my London Case Officer about the job but he told me that from now on-wards every application has to be submitted in Auckland. Therefore, i submitted it in October 2016 via Legal Adviser and the case officer was allocated in november 2016.
    But Unfortunately during that my work visa got expired and have to renew it and was renewed in early december 2016. During this period my CO requested some documents from me (about me and my Family) and from my employer as well, which i and my employer have provided and in march 2017 she for the medical of me and my spouse. I did submit it by the mid of April 2017 but unluckily my CO left the immigration and after 3 months new CO was re-allocated on my case.
    The new CO asked some other documents i.e.

1. My Relationship Evidence
    2. My IRD summary of both years i.e. 2016-2017; 2017-2018
    3. My Pay Slips
    4. My Bank Statements

I don't know why CO asked for the Bank Statements, along with this she also asked some other documents from the employer as well. Soft copies of the Documents have been submitted to the CO 2 weeks back as for the hard copies was posted last week, but until now have no response. As per my Legal Advisor this has to be the last stage and CO have to finalise the decision, but until now haven't got any response from the CO.

Can any tell how long does it take to finalise the decision or my case has been forwarded to 2nd person check.

Thanks
    Ahsan

Dear Ahsan,

IA you would get your residency soon. Wish you all the best.

I have couple of questions hopefully you could help

1) May I know the reason why have they given you WTR? Did you apply for jobs before interview and sent the responses to CO?
    2)What type of responses from employers/recruiters you forwarded to CO?
    3) May I know the name of your CO?
    2) If you are from Pakistan then how long you National Security Check took to clear?

Actually I am waiting for NSC check since 3 months. I am done with my interview and other requirements.

So, i was wondering if you could give a hint or reason why CO issued WTR?

I would be grateful if you could reply me soon

Thank you

regards,
    Irfan

Nobody gets told the exact reason why they are offered the SMC WTR rather than outright approval. It is decided by the answers given in the CO interview. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm