Thread: EOI IQA ITA inquiries

Red face EOI IQA ITA inquiries

Hello. I'm new here. I'm a Civil Engineer in Philippines, and have been practicing my field for 5 years in my country. I'm interested to pursue my career in New Zealand.

I'm planning to work in NZ maybe by next year and now my first step is to read, read and read.
    With all i have read, can you please correct me if what I am planning to do are correct or are in order?

1. Have my qualification assessed thru IQA (Because eventually this will be needed as proof for my EOI and to have an ITA, right?)
    2. During the Assessment process, I will take an IELTS (Because eventually this will be needed as proof also for my EOI and to have an ITA, right?)
    3. I will look for online job search and apply and hope to get hired (because this will greatly give me additional points)
    4. Considering IQA acknowledged my qualification, i did good in IELTS, and got a job thru online. Then, i will Fill out my EOI and wait if i will get selected.
    5. If I got selected, I will submit all the requirements to support my EOI and hope to get 160+ points above to be able to receive an ITA of my level (Level 6 as Civil Engineer).
    6. If I successfully received an ITA, I will now process my Skilled Migrant Category Visa (in this case, how much must be the show money?)
    7. Hope to have my Visa approved, and fly to NZ. Then prepare my Resident Visa when i get there.

Please help me if these steps i plan are correct. I will greatly appreciate any insights. Thank you so much and Godbless!

It looks as though you are almost completely correct.

However, when you apply under the Skilled Migrant Category, the visa you get if successful IS residence - it isn't still to do.

Because processing of an SMC application can take a long time (around a year in some cases) many people with a job offer apply for a temporary work visa (there are various kinds, depending on variables such as whether or not the employer is accredited https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...all-work-visas) as well as residence under SMC. The temporary work visas can be processed more quickly, and can therefore enable the applicant to be in NZ working while the SMC processing is still going on.

You may want to consider making a recce trip to NZ while looking for work, having, if possible, set up meetings and interviews first, but otherwise making a point of calling on companies you have researched to leave your CV with the recruiters (not the receptionist). Many people have found that it's easier to get a job offer if they are there in person to look the employer in the eye - NZers set a lot of store by personal impressions.

Thank you so much JandM! It's so much clearer to me now.

Hi again JandM!

I have a follow up question, may I ask if I apply for tourist visa first and will tend to stay for 59 days in NZ, will the employers accommodate my application even if i only have tourist visa?
    This is because, when i searched for Temporary work visa, the only option was "Essential work visa". In which, Some of the requirements are:
    1. Job offer (So, I need to find a Job during my stay as tourist)
    2. Qualifications/Experience (IQA is enough for this, right? If so, therefore, I need to have my level acknowledge at least before I go to NZ because it could take 35 days or more depending on the requirements that they need, right?)

Then after getting a job offer during the duration of my tourist visa that's the time that i could process my Essential work visa?

Yes, you would have to get a visitor's visa (tourist visa, same thing) to make a recce trip. When they ask the reason for the visit, you say you are having a holiday, and also "look, see and decide," which is a recognized acceptable bona fide reason for being a visitor. It means you are going to look around, see what NZ living conditions and prospects in your career are like, in order to decide whether to try to get a job and live in NZ. You will need to check the requirements on the INZ web page for an Essential Skills visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ills-work-visa, or this visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...list-work-visa if your potential employer is accredited, to make sure you take with you any evidence you may need from home, that it would be more difficult to get once in NZ.

If you get a job offer, you can then apply for a visa from within NZ. If you don't need to go back home in the meantime, INZ can issue an Interim visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa if your visitor's visa expires, to keep you legal while your application is being processed.