Thread: Approved

Default Approved

My partners application for partnership work visa was approved and were very happy about it.The question i have is that it was approved for 6 months and not a year.What would be the best thing to do when the 6 months run out in feb as we would be a couple of months short of the 12 months living together to apply for partnership residency
    Thankyou

Keep on collecting evidence, and keep the original evidence safe, because she will need to apply for another partner-sponsored temporary work visa before this one runs out. ALWAYS keep collecting evidence, right up till the time when she is granted residence, because INZ commonly ask for more to cover the time of processing, just before a visa is issued.

Thankyou JandM.We defintly will be collecting evidence of everything.If the visa runs out in feb when would be a good time to apply for another one?Allso scince she has been granted one and if nothing changes between now and feb will we have a better chance of being granted another one
    Thanks for any replies

She can apply any time right up till just before the other visa expires, as INZ can issue an Interim visa to keep her legal if the processing needs to continue beyond expiry of the previous visa, and as she'll be applying for the same kind of visa she already has, the terms will be the same (she'll still be able to work). https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions

To answer your last question, yes, you should have a good chance of its going through easily, but you still have to PROVE that nothing has changed and you are still living together, hence the need for keeping up the evidence collecting.

Congratulations

Thankyou for the replies everybody

Why only 6 months? That's weird to me i though no less than a year . Btw congrats too 🤗🤗

It didnt say why only 6 months we thought it was going to be longer but i guess it just helps them get more money if you have to apply for more visas

Congratulations! My husband has also been granted a 9 months only work visa which means we need to renew it before applying for residence. Did you submit any original documents for your work visa? Did they return them?
    I am asking because we have submitted some original documents (letters, boarding passes, greeting cards, etc) and they didn't return them to us, which means some of the documents we submitted are now missing. Does anyone know if INZ keep these documents or if we need to resubmit them for renewing work visa or just submit new evidence?
    Also do we actually need to submit original documents (for stronger evidence) or are copies enough?