Thread: Partnership Residency Visa

Default Partnership Residency Visa

I applied for residency visa since January this year, I was just told few days ago that my application has been passed on to another case manager after they had completed the NSC for a cross-check. I am confused, what does that mean? does it look like there will be a positive feedback/outcome?

The way that is worded, it seems to me it could be either of two situations.

The first is something that every application has to go through, after the CO has decided on what outcome s/he recommends but before the final decision is notified to the applicant, and that is the second-person check. Another CO of equal or senior level to the one who has worked the case looks over the whole thing, checking for any errors and to guard against the possibility of corruption.

The second is when a CO is not sure how someone's personal situation fits with the regulations, in which case they can ask for an opinion from a TA (Technical Adviser), who is a senior and very experienced CO trusted with the authority to interpret the rules if necessary, rather than just apply them and tick off the boxes.

If either of those is what is happening in your case at the moment, it isn't a sign of one outcome rather than another.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The way that is worded, it seems to me it could be either of two situations.

The first is something that every application has to go through, after the CO has decided on what outcome s/he recommends but before the final decision is notified to the applicant, and that is the second-person check. Another CO of equal or senior level to the one who has worked the case looks over the whole thing, checking for any errors and to guard against the possibility of corruption.

The second is when a CO is not sure how someone's personal situation fits with the regulations, in which case they can ask for an opinion from a TA (Technical Adviser), who is a senior and very experienced CO trusted with the authority to interpret the rules if necessary, rather than just apply them and tick off the boxes.

If either of those is what is happening in your case at the moment, it isn't a sign of one outcome rather than another.
    They actually told me that the CO has completed the assessment and that my file has been passed to another officer to go through what the CO has done, then I will be able to hear their final decision in three weeks time from the day the file was handed to the second officer.

Then, if the second-person check official doesn't find any errors, this is the last phase of processing. Good luck.