Thread: SMC Resident visa - new point system - application subitted

Default SMC Resident visa - new point system - application subitted

I am Indian and working at Singapore. Today new NZ SMC point system is opened.
    • I have 160 points and submitted my SMC application through online and paid 530 NZ through credit card. As per the new system, if every thing goes well, I will get the Job Search visa for 1 year.
    • Looks like overall application processing time (visa stamping on passport) will take around 6 to 8 months. ( Stage 1 - 4 to 6 weeks, Stage 2 - 4 months, visa stamping - 2 months).
    • Qualification assessment is completed with NZQA. I and my wife have the IQA reports.
    • I and my wife cleared English language test with above 6.5 band.
    • I think major thing is pending from my end is getting police clearance certificates. I have to get PCC certificates from three countries.
    • I don't have birth certificate. So I got the "No record of Birth' certificate from Municipality.
    • medicals
    • Check list from my previous post - https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...ht=#post550486

Please let me know if I have missed any points/tasks in the above list. I want to focus on those pending items in my free time. That will helps save time at stage 2 and reduce some load on me.

-> Age -----(20-39)----------English PTE - 62--------------------------------------------------------- 30
    -> Qualification (Msc - Computers - NZQA - IQA done - awarded level 9---------------------------- 70
    -> Work Experience 10+ as (ACS assessment - 261311-Analyst Programmer)---------------------- 50
    -> Spouse (Btech Engineering -NZQA - IQA done - awarded level 7 + English(IELTS- 7.0) ) ---- 10
    -> -----------------------------------------------------------Total Points -------------------------------160

Hi lakshmana1980,

Nice to see an offshore applicant here, I'm also IT guy and offshore without a job offer same as you.

I can provide some information to you here, please notice that you are in the new rules so yours may be different from mine.

Firstly, try to get your working experience evidence early since it may take you some time. You need to submit them in your ITA.

Work experience evidence in ITA letter
    Original or certified copies of work references for each period of work experience you have stated in your EOI. Work references must state your start and finish dates, your position, average number of hours you worked per week, and the name, address and contact details of the employer. References can only be provided by a person authorised to issue work reference letters on behalf of that organisation. If you were self-employed, please provide as much evidence as possible, such as business registration, taxation records, financial statements, and reference letters from your accountant, suppliers and/or clients. The evidence should cover the duration of your self-employment.

For me case, each companies (current and previous) I have claimed working experience points, have also requested for 2 reference letters. One letter from HR or Managers, stage that my join and finish dates, position, average number of working hours per week, company address and contact details (telephone, email...). Another letter from my Managers, listed my job duties (suggest to copy from ANZSCO description, so easier for CO to do matching). So if you worked several jobs in the past 10 years, you may need to get reference letters from each of them.

Another thing you need to prepare is Partnership Evidence, it is relatively easier, but may need time to prepare if you need to get statement from bank.

Partnership Information
    In order to meet the partnership requirements, we must be satisfied that you and your partner are in a genuine and stable relationship and have been living together in such a partnership for at least 12 months.
    The evidence of cohabitation you provide should have dates that cover a period of at least 12 months, showing you and your partner lived at the same address either in New Zealand or another country. You must also provide evidence that you are currently living together in New Zealand or an explanation if this is not the case.
    You need to provide the following documents (must be original or certified copies):
    1. Your marriage certificate if you are married to your partner; and
    2. At least 3 of the following to show you have lived together for at least 12 months; and
    □ Joint tenancy agreements
    □ Joint ownership of a residential property
    □ Joint mortgage/loan documents
    □ Joint insurance policies
    □ Joint assets/liabilities
    □ bank statements, utility bills or other mail received at your home address. The document must state your or your partner’s name, the home address and a date. If it was addressed to you and your partner separately, you and your partner need to provide at least one document each, which were received at the same address with similar dates.
    3. At least 3 of the following to show your relationship is genuine and stable:
    □ Photos of you and your partner together, taken at various times over previous years (no more than 6 photos)
    □ Letters of support from family or friends
    □ Travel itineraries or tickets for trips you have taken together
    □ Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart
    □ A joint letter from you and your partner stating key moments throughout your relationship
    Despite providing the above, the Immigration Officer may request further evidence.

Finally, you may need to provide bank statement from saving account for the past 12 months, salary evidence for the past 12 months and may be Tax records, depends on your ITA letter.

Hi Kne,

Thank for quick reply on this.

i notice your age thingy.
    20-39 = 30 points ?
    i think its 20-29 = 30 points
    if you are 30-39 then you only have 155points total

Quote Originally Posted by ysc5 View Post
    i notice your age thingy.
    20-39 = 30 points ?
    i think its 20-29 = 30 points
    if you are 30-39 then you only have 155points total
    Hi Ysc5, in the new rule, Points for people aged 30 – 39 years will increase to 30 points.