Thread: Mature Student Visa

Default Mature Student Visa

Hi.

If i can get a mature student visa and take my husband and 15 year old with me......can my husband then immediately look for a job that can sponsor him as a Skilled Migrant? Can he change from my Visa to his own one? Or does he have to wait til my Student Visa runs out before he can do this and only work the 20hrs a week for 4 years til my Degree is finished? Thanks ☺

Quote Originally Posted by apollonia View Post
    Hi.

If i can get a mature student visa and take my husband and 15 year old with me......can my husband then immediately look for a job that can sponsor him as a Skilled Migrant? Can he change from my Visa to his own one? Or does he have to wait til my Student Visa runs out before he can do this and only work the 20hrs a week for 4 years til my Degree is finished? Thanks ☺
    Has your husband sought a work visa under the following provisions?

WF4.1 Who is eligible for a special work visa

Unless WF4.5 applies, partners of:
    people granted student visas to study for a level 7 or higher qualifications in an area of absolute skill shortage as specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List (see Appendix 4); or
    people granted student visas to study towards postgraduate qualifications;
    may apply for and be granted a multiple entry work visa under these instructions.
    Note: In order to be eligible for a work visa under (a)(i) the qualification undertaken by the student visa holder must be specified on the Long Term Skill Shortage List at the time the work visa application is submitted.

Work visas will be granted for the same period as the student visa held by the applicant's partner subject to the generic requirements at E4.5 being met.
    Any work visas granted under these instructions, may be endorsed with conditions that allow work for any employer.
    Applicants must have NZ$4,200 available for their maintenance during the period of stay in New Zealand.
    Despite (a)(i), a partner of a student will be eligible for a work visa if the student has commenced any qualification on or before 24 July 2011 that is in an area of absolute skill shortage as specified in the Long Term Skill Shortage List.

Regardless , or if you husband has simply arrived as a visitor, and asessessed as bona fide, He'll have his own visa.
    If he is eligible, then he is free to submit an expression of interest under SMC at any time.

How does his visa enable him to work for 20 hours a week?

Quote Originally Posted by apollonia View Post
    Hi.

I would like to mention that the 15 year old will need his own student visa and you will need to paid for his studies...