Thread: Will I not be able to enter NZ?

Default Will I not be able to enter NZ?

My wife and I got Skilled immigrant Residency with no restrictions and it will expire soon, if we decide not to enter the country to activate it, will we have a hard time applying for a visitor visa (given that we have another country's PR)? What are the chances of us being rejected for a visitor visa?

What a waste of effort, to go through all the procedure of getting Residence and then not to use it... Still, that's your choice to make.

If you don't activate your Residence, you will once again be in the same position as any other foreigner when it comes to getting a visitor's visa. You need to meet the conditions stated on this information sheet. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

Thanks JandM for the response. Over a year ago, when we applied, we had no other place to go, and so NZ was the only choice at this, things have changed since then and our situation is now stable where we are. I feel it's a waste of resources to go activate it, and then return to not even visit the next 2 years, when it will expire eventualy.

So, not activating it should not have a negative impact on a visitor visa, in the future, correct (given that I follow the steps in the link you shared)?

Correct.

wow what a waste of time and money...glad your situation is better though.