Thread: ITA received. Can I change ANZSCO code?

Default ITA received. Can I change ANZSCO code?

Hi Guys

At this stage, I am preparing for documents as I received invitation to apply for SMC.

When I sent in my EOI, I selected my job as ANZSCO 311413 (Life Science Technician). My job title is Process Technician.

However recently, I have found the job description of ANZSCO 399211 (Chemical Plant Operator) matches exactly to my role as Process Technician. I shouldn't have chosen Life Science Technician in the EOI.

I have checked that 399211 is a skilled job. I am still doing the same duties, same job agreement, same location, it is in future growth area and it still requires me to hold bioscience degree. Nothing else is changed except for the ANZSCO is different.

I wish to enquire if I can input to change ANZSCO code under the Amendments page of INZ1104 application form? I will indicate why my job is skilled and match the ANZSCO 399211 job description.

Lastly will I still be considered under the old rules as I received invitation before 28 Aug 2017?

First question - I think so. ChrisMwn, is that right?

Second question - what matters is the date when your EOI was selected. If it was submitted and selected before selections under the old rules stopped, then your case will be worked according to the old regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    First question - I think so. ChrisMwn, is that right?

Second question - what matters is the date when your EOI was selected. If it was submitted and selected before selections under the old rules stopped, then your case will be worked according to the old regulations.
    yes

thanks peeps.

call center said I can input the changes in the amendment section of application form. and it will still be using old rules