Thread: SMC - Partnership query

Default SMC - Partnership query

I am Indian and married 10 year back. My wife is house wife and staying with me at Singapore. We have two kids.
    We have the marriage certificate and my name is added at my wife passport and other Indian government documents like AAdhar.
    My family is staying with me from the begining and included thier names at all tenency agreements. Other the tenanncy agreeement, my wife don't have further documents like bank statement etc for address proof or partenership evidence.
    I have submitted SMC - EOI on 28th Aug. Now I am planning to send my family to India for 3 to 4 months and I will cancel my tenancy agreement in Singapore.

Marriage Certificate and Tenancy agreements is enough for partener ship evidence?
    Do I have to show any additional documents for partener ship evidence?
    My family is going to stay at India 3 to 4 months for temporarly. Is this is going to imapct any thing on my application?

I got the below information from this forum about Partnership
    In order to meet the partnership requirements, we must be satisfied that you and your partner are in a genuine and stable relationship and have been living together in such a partnership for at least 12 months.
    The evidence of cohabitation you provide should have dates that cover a period of at least 12 months, showing you and your partner lived at the same address either in New Zealand or another country. You must also provide evidence that you are currently living together in New Zealand or an explanation if this is not the case.
    You need to provide the following documents (must be original or certified copies):
    • 1. Your marriage certificate if you are married to your partner; and
    • 2. At least 3 of the following to show you have lived together for at least 12 months; and
    • ? Joint tenancy agreements
    • ? Joint ownership of a residential property
    • ? Joint mortgage/loan documents
    • ? Joint insurance policies
    • ? Joint assets/liabilities
    • ? bank statements, utility bills or other mail received at your home address. The document must state your or your partner’s name, the home address and a date. If it was addressed to you and your partner separately, you and your partner need to provide at least one document each, which were received at the same address with similar dates.
    • 3. At least 3 of the following to show your relationship is genuine and stable:
    • ? Photos of you and your partner together, taken at various times over previous years (no more than 6 photos)
    • ? Letters of support from family or friends
    • ? Travel itineraries or tickets for trips you have taken together
    • ? Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart
    • ? A joint letter from you and your partner stating key moments throughout your relationship
    • Despite providing the above, the Immigration Officer may request further evidence.

Marriage Certificate and Tenancy agreements is enough for partener ship evidence?
    Do I have to show any additional documents for partener ship evidence?
    No, it's not enough. Yes, you need to provide quite a lot more than this.

Here are old threads with examples and discussion about the evidence needed to show partnership.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...k1.uWa5zDeY1Pw You need as many different kinds of evidence as possible, with something to prove that the two of your are living in the same place every week or two for all of the last 12 months up to the time of your application. You then need to keep collecting this kind of evidence during processing, because INZ will normally ask for proof you have been together then as well, just before any visas are issued, making sure they are not going to grant a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime.

Partnership is the kind of visa most commonly targeted by fraudsters trying to pay people to lie to get them a visa, because it doesn't require any qualifications or work experience to be proved. That means it is most CAREFULLY scrutinized by INZ. YOU know that you are decent people making an honest application, but INZ don't know you at all, and will investigate you as though you could be some of these criminals.

My family is going to stay at India 3 to 4 months for temporarly. Is this is going to imapct any thing on my application?
    Yes, this could make INZ decide not to recognize your family as part of your application. If there is a gap in the record of a couple living together, INZ need to be shown a solid reason for the separation (such as one person having a work or study need to be somewhere different), then how the couple keep up the relationshp during their absence from one another. When you are just about to apply for a visa is a bad time to be apart if you don't absolutely HAVE to be. It makes it too easy for INZ to think this is not a genuine partnership.

I am applying SMC from outside. Suppose If I get the SMC - Job Search visa. Only I am eligible to come to NZ and search the job. It is not possible to bring my family on JSV until unless I got the Job and Resident visa stamping. In the mean time (at Job search), my family obviously stay outside separately.

Then don't think this question will raise, how the couple keep up the relationship during their absence from one another The same way our relationship continues.

Our home town is in India, some times it is common to go India and attend couple for functions/events.

Indian marriages concept is entirely different with other countries. They live together for ever and most of the women are house wife's. And they don't hold any reference documents like utility bill etc.

Don't be annoyed with me for telling you the sort of thing that we have seen down years and years of seeing people's stories on the forum.

Yes, of course, to all you have said, in a conversational, logical, ordinary life way.

But it doesn't apply when a CO is considering an application. S/He has to apply the regulations strictly. Basically, for all of this, when INZ says jump, we jump, because if we don't provide a way for the CO to tick that item off on the list, there will be no visa. (I once had plans for going to live in NZ near my family. I'm not there. Why? Because INZ rules changed, and the boxes in my case can't be ticked.)

I am not annoying any one here. I am confused and shocked. My company is multinational company and my base branch is in India. My company is sending me and my family on deputation to different countries like Singapore/UK from last 10 years for to work with different clients. In last 10 years, we have visited India for vacation only. We have 4 to 5 visa stamping documents, flight tickets, tenancy agreements, insurance & etc. It is not easy to maintain number of bank accounts at different locations. Because of that I am the primary candidate and try to hold utility etc accounts are on my name for easier maintenance. In last 10 years, I never thought of opening a bank account or util bill on my wife name for the same reason(no hassles with multiple accounts). Now this scenario case is different. That is why my mind is blank now.

So please let me know what are the different ways can I overcome this problems?
    If any one of you have encountered similar kind of situation please let me know how you have solved it? At least I can start doing some thing for this from now onwards!

Please see the link I gave you in a previous post. There are many examples there of evidence of partnership, which you may be able to collect now, even AFTER the events happened. For instance, if you know that you were invited to a wedding, the hosts may well still have the guest list with your names on it. If you have been at occasions with other people, they may have photos of you both there that they can let you have. If you have belonged to clubs or libraries, or registered with a doctor, you will have given your home address (both the same), and the organization can print that out for you. Etc., etc..