Thread: EOI Selection Method

Default EOI Selection Method

Hi everyone,

I want to know if the EOI selection is AUTOMATIC for ALL EOIs successfully lodged with 160 and more points, or is there a chance that someone might have to wait out for an unknown period of time until their EOI is selected?

Given that the applicant is eligible—has a job and/or a master's/PhD with 2 years of study here in NZ.

Thanks.

ALL EOIs successfully lodged with 160 and more points will get selected. That happens by machine, just on the basis of the number of points entered. Then the EOIs are looked over by clerks, checking that each one appears indeed to have the necessary to correctly claim points under each heading they have used.

Oh I see. That's very helpful. Thanks!
    So, after requisite checks, the clerks then send out ITAs, if all seems fine? Sorry for these detailed questions, I am trying to understand the system for my own SMC application.

Yes, that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, that's right.
    Hi JandM,
    Does higher points get higher priority or all are treated as same? I mean during the allocation and processing does higher points are more likely to get decided quicker?

No, no priority. 160 is the threshold. Once selected, the number of points ceases to matter, unless any evidence can't be verified, meaning that some points have to disallowed, in which case, if the total dips below 160 as a result, the case would stop being considered.