Thread: SMC EOI e-Medical

Default SMC EOI e-Medical

Hi, i have submitted the e-medical when i was applying for student visa in December 2014.
    It is supposed to be valid for 36 months, however i am not sure if my health screening was the one required for resident visa as student visa might be a different standard.
    Would my EOI be rejected based on wrong health screening ? Or would they ask me to do another medical checkup if they find it insufficient for resident visa application ?

thanks alot

The rules https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46161.htm don't spell it out, do they?

In any case, I think INZ would let you know and give you a chance to put in another one if necessary. You can always ask them, to get reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The rules https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46161.htm don't spell it out, do they?

In any case, I think INZ would let you know and give you a chance to put in another one if necessary. You can always ask them, to get reassurance.
    thanks JandM. I've called them and its correct as per what you said.
    But she also point out to me that the it has to valid at the time of ITA, not the EOI.
    Meaning i need to submit my EOI soon ay.

Definitely.

Hi JanM, so if the eMedical was done within the last 36 months for self and partner (who is part of the application), do we just include the eMedical reference number for both of us in the application form??

Also if a letter was submitted at the time of work visa application by the same doctor who treated for TB that he or she was completely cured about 10+ years ago, would that document need to be submitted again. The sputum etc tests were also done and the results were declared as no TB / normal, as per the requirement given by the case officer which led to the grant of a work visa (based on partnership).

Thanks for all your help as always.

In theory, yes, that ought to work, but I wouldn't be surprised, after what has happened in other cases, if, since there had been TB in the case, that person's medical got referred again, in which case, you would need all your same evidence from before.