Thread: Documentation for ITA SMC Visa

Default Documentation for ITA SMC Visa

Hi guys,

Can someone please post the list of documents needed to submit for the invitation to apply for SMC? And if possible differentiate from those needing to submit as originals and those that can be submitted as JP certified copies. It may have been discussed here before but I can't find the thread.

I know every application is treated autonomously but I just need a general idea, especially with those documents that I may need to recover from my home country.

Thanks a lot guys!

Look at the INZ fact sheet here, on the Criteria tab, and click Show all evidence. It will then display what is needed in all categories, in general terms.

Regarding what to submit, see here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35125.htm

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh119 View Post
    Hi guys,

Can someone please post the list of documents needed to submit for the invitation to apply for SMC? And if possible differentiate from those needing to submit as originals and those that can be submitted as JP certified copies. It may have been discussed here before but I can't find the thread.

I know every application is treated autonomously but I just need a general idea, especially with those documents that I may need to recover from my home country.

Thanks a lot guys!
    Did you not receive a checklist with your ITA?

Hi. I don't have an ITA yet but I'm trying to prepare the documents in advance. My EOI has just been selected. Thank you.

While you are waiting for the ITA, you can find the guideline to prepare the documents at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...es/inz1105.pdf. The document checklist is in the very last page.
    Good luck.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh119 View Post
    Hi. I don't have an ITA yet but I'm trying to prepare the documents in advance.
    FYI - Documents can quite vary. I have points from skilled work qualifications and experience -- but the checklist did not ask for any proof that I have those qualifications or that experience. I returned everything by the checklist. I think INZ does this so they can spend more time on the case. This way when a case officer is assigned, they can say they need proof of qualifications and experience -- and send your application to the back of the queue instead of giving you time to get the documents in advance.

I think they do this to manage their timeline.

Would it hurt to submit documents in advance even if they haven't asked for it? Worst comes to worst, they would just ignore these if they don't need them. I even plan to submit a certificate of earning from my company to prove that I am in the salary threshold and bank statement (some people are already being asked to submit this - especially recent applicants for the essential skill work visa). I plan to mention this inclusion in my cover letter (which I think also INZ does not require - but a lot of SMC applicants submit them anyway).

Don't send them in advance of the ITA, but by all means send WITH the ITA anything that you think may help.

I have been given different advice that says to provide only what is in the checklist. There is lots of discussion about this on the forum. If you provide extra info, they can investigate and form questions about matters that they wouldn't otherwise have cared about...