Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanent residency

Quote Originally Posted by kne View Post
    much more clear now

the issue is not you cannot return, the issue is you cannot leave
    Well, yes, that's what I am talking about. If you are planning something and think that it is very easy and fast-don't be so naive. Probably yes, you can ask them to do it urgently but again it can be very risky. I actually thought that if you became a resident you won't have any problems... Yea, right...

Default Permanent Resident Visa processing time

Quote Originally Posted by girl93 View Post
    Hi there, just want to share my experience and let people know.

After 2 years you can apply for Permanent Residency and that's what I did last week. Last Monday I sent application with my passport to Immigration here in Auckland. Still did not hear anithing from them. I've just called them to ask what's happening as I am a bit worried where is my passport and the lady from immigration told me that my application is waiting for CO (for PR!) and it usually takes 25 working days! 25 instead of 10 day as it says on their website...

Obviously I will be waiting and I am not rush, just a bit disappointing as I am already a New Zealand resident and basically need to put new label in my passport for my money but still the whole process is like a nightmare...

Be aware of this long process and know that it is not that easy

Cheers!

Hi, can u share how many days it took to get your Permanent Resident stamp (with two years stayed in NZ and still in NZ). Do you get intimation about the courier tracking number. Thanks

Notice you are replying on an old thread, so your question may not be seen.

Thanks J&M, I have posted as new thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12