Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITA Job Search Visa under SMC

Default ITA Job Search Visa under SMC

INZ offered me ITA SMC Job search visa dated 7 Sept 2017

I am in confusion on the the application and activation duration.

Please assist me my understanding below, which is the right one.

Understanding 1 :
    - 7 September to 6 December 2017 JSV application window period -> preparation and document submission for JSV application
    - 3 months JSV activation window period -> start after JSV label granted, need to travel to NZ for visa activation
    - 9 months job search window period -> start after JSV label granted, need to find skilled job in given time frame

Understanding 2 :
    - 7 Sept to 6 Dec (3months) JSV application and activation window period -> document preparation and need to travel to NZ for visa activation

- 9 months job search window period -> start after JSV label granted, need to find skilled job in given time frame

Letter for ITA as below :
    We would like to give you the opportunity to apply for a SMC Job Search visa to allow you to realise this potential by obtaining an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand. If you are granted this visa, a decision on your application for residence will be deferred for 12 months. This means you will have three months to travel to New Zealand. You will then have nine months in New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment. We have enclosed an application form for a SMC Job Search visa.

Documents required
    To apply for a SMC Job Search visa you must apply within three months of the date of this letter and supply the following documents:
    * A completed SMC Job Search application form
    * Evidence of your travel arrangements to New Zealand
    * Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself for three months in New Zealand
    * Evidence that you have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand
    * Your passport

If you are granted a SMC Job Search visa it will allow you to work in any job, for any employer in New Zealand. If we do not receive your completed SMC Job Search visa application form within three months of the date of this letter, your application for residence will be declined as per SM21.10(i).

---------------------------

SM3.20.1 Duration of deferral period
    * Principal applicants who are in New Zealand will have the decision on their Skilled Migrant Category application deferred for a period of nine months from the date their work visa is granted under WR5 Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions. 

* Principal applicants who are outside New Zealand will have the decision on their Skilled Migrant Category application deferred for a period of 12 months from the date their work visa is granted under WR5 Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions. 

SM3.20.5 Completing a resident visa application during the deferral period
    * If an immigration officer is satisfied that a principal applicant has obtained an offer of ongoing skilled employment (see SM6) in New Zealand during the deferral period, their application for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category may be approved, provided all other requirements are met; and
    * a resident visa subject to the conditions set out at SM11 will be granted if the principal applicant has been working in that skilled employment for less than three months; or 

* a resident visa not subject to conditions will be granted if the principal applicant has been working in that skilled employment for three months or more. 

* If, on the expiry of the deferral period, a principal applicant has not provided evidence that satisfies an immigration officer that they have obtained an offer of ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, the application for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category will be declined.

WR5.5 Currency of Work to Residence visas
    * Applicants who are in New Zealand and who made their Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) application on or after 10 April 2007 and before 28 August 2017 may be granted a visa and entry permission allowing a stay of nine months in New Zealand. 

* Applicants who are not in New Zealand and who made their SMC application on or after 10 April 2007 and before 28 August 2017 may be granted a Work to Residence visa and entry permission with the following conditions: 

i. first entry to New Zealand must be made within three months of the visa being granted; and ii. thevisawillallowworkandmultipleentriestoNewZealand forninemonthsfromfirstarrival.

c. Applicants who are outside New Zealand and whose SMC application is assessed under SMC instructions
    effective on or after 28 August 2017 may be granted a Work to Residence visa allowing work and multiple entries to New Zealand for 12 months from the date the Work to Residence Visa is granted.

Quote Originally Posted by YYCHIN View Post

I am in confusion on the the application and activation duration.

Please assist me my understanding below, which is the right one.

Understanding 1 :
    - 7 September to 6 December 2017 JSV application window period -> preparation and document submission for JSV application
    - 3 months JSV activation window period -> start after JSV label granted, need to travel to NZ for visa activation

Understanding 2 :
    - 7 Sept to 6 Dec (3months) JSV application and activation window period -> document preparation and need to travel to NZ for visa activation

Letter for ITA as below :
    We would like to give you the opportunity to apply for a SMC Job Search visa to allow you to realise this potential by obtaining an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand. If you are granted this visa, a decision on your application for residence will be deferred for 12 months. This means you will have three months to travel to New Zealand. You will then have nine months in New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment. We have enclosed an application form for a SMC Job Search visa.

Documents required
    To apply for a SMC Job Search visa you must apply within three months of the date of this letter and supply the following documents:
    * A completed SMC Job Search application form
    * Evidence of your travel arrangements to New Zealand
    * Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself for three months in New Zealand
    * Evidence that you have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand
    * Your passport

If you are granted a SMC Job Search visa it will allow you to work in any job, for any employer in New Zealand. If we do not receive your completed SMC Job Search visa application form within three months of the date of this letter, your application for residence will be declined as per SM21.10(i).

---------------------------

SM3.20.1 Duration of deferral period
    * Principal applicants who are in New Zealand will have the decision on their Skilled Migrant Category application deferred for a period of nine months from the date their work visa is granted under WR5 Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions. 

* Principal applicants who are outside New Zealand will have the decision on their Skilled Migrant Category application deferred for a period of 12 months from the date their work visa is granted under WR5 Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Instructions. 

SM3.20.5 Completing a resident visa application during the deferral period
    * If an immigration officer is satisfied that a principal applicant has obtained an offer of ongoing skilled employment (see SM6) in New Zealand during the deferral period, their application for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category may be approved, provided all other requirements are met; and
    * a resident visa subject to the conditions set out at SM11 will be granted if the principal applicant has been working in that skilled employment for less than three months; or 

* a resident visa not subject to conditions will be granted if the principal applicant has been working in that skilled employment for three months or more. 

* If, on the expiry of the deferral period, a principal applicant has not provided evidence that satisfies an immigration officer that they have obtained an offer of ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, the application for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category will be declined.

WR5.5 Currency of Work to Residence visas
    * Applicants who are in New Zealand and who made their Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) application on or after 10 April 2007 and before 28 August 2017 may be granted a visa and entry permission allowing a stay of nine months in New Zealand. 

* Applicants who are not in New Zealand and who made their SMC application on or after 10 April 2007 and before 28 August 2017 may be granted a Work to Residence visa and entry permission with the following conditions: 

i. first entry to New Zealand must be made within three months of the visa being granted; and ii. thevisawillallowworkandmultipleentriestoNewZealand forninemonthsfromfirstarrival.

c. Applicants who are outside New Zealand and whose SMC application is assessed under SMC instructions
    effective on or after 28 August 2017 may be granted a Work to Residence visa allowing work and multiple entries to New Zealand for 12 months from the date the Work to Residence Visa is granted.
    Correct

YYChin, did your EOI get selected on 6th September? How many points did you have? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    YYChin, did your EOI get selected on 6th September? How many points did you have? Thanks!
    I think YYChin was submitted in old rules before, this application has come to the final result now.

Since potentially I may get JSV in old rule too, I also interested in YYChin's question, is it 3 months JSV application window (JSV label granted) + 3 months activation window (landing to NZ) + 9 months job search period?
    After landing to NZ, is the 9 months job search period started immediately?
    e.g. 3 months activation window, landing at the second month, then 2 + 9 months? or start 9 months job search period immediately?

I don't think YYChin applied with the old rules because the last draw under that policy took place on 19th July. His ITA is dated 7 September. It is very unrealistic for INZ to wait this long before issuing an ITA. It seems more likely that YYChin was under the new policy, but we can wait for a reply.

Chris, which of his scenarios is correct?

Understanding 1 :

Understanding 2 :

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Chris, which of his scenarios is correct?

From ITA letter

"This means you will have three months to travel to New Zealand. You will then have nine months in New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment. We have enclosed an application form for a SMC Job Search visa"

"To apply for a SMC Job Search visa you must apply within three months of the date of this letter"

therfore , 3 months to apply, 3 months to arrive and 9 month visa from arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    I don't think YYChin applied with the old rules because the last draw under that policy took place on 19th July. His ITA is dated 7 September. It is very unrealistic for INZ to wait this long before issuing an ITA. It seems more likely that YYChin was under the new policy, but we can wait for a reply.
    Hi param912003, I can see that YYChin mentioned that
    , I think what he got on hand now is a JSV which is a final result of SMC application.

By the way EOI selected on 6 Sept, I think you won't get an ITA letter on one day after, my ITA letter comes near one month afterwards

Oh I see. Sorry for misunderstanding the situation. I have seen on this forum that people have, at times, received their ITA the very next day! But yes, you are right, generally it takes around 2-3 weeks.

It's true. I got it. 3 months to apply, 3 months to arrive from granted date,
    9 months from arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    From ITA letter

"This means you will have three months to travel to New Zealand. You will then have nine months in New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment. We have enclosed an application form for a SMC Job Search visa"

"To apply for a SMC Job Search visa you must apply within three months of the date of this letter"

therfore , 3 months to apply, 3 months to arrive and 9 month visa from arrival?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast