Thread: Do I need to apply for a work visa?

Default Do I need to apply for a work visa?

Hi I was recently approved for residents visa on 16th August however I’ve yet to be asked to send my passport in. I’ve escalated with Immigration and with case officers but they all say someone will contact you shortly. Anyway my current work visa expires at the end of the month. Will I be required to apply for a new work visa? I thought since I’ve had my residents visa approved that I would not need to but it’s running close and my employer is asking me to update them on my visa status. I want to remain legal.

If you receive your AIP letter and have sent your passports to INZ by the time your current temporary visas expire, you don't have to apply for further temporary visas.

If you haven't received the AIP letter and your visas are due to expire, then you will need to apply for further temporary visas.
    Keep the pressure on the Case officer to issue the AIP and make sure they know that you have temporary visas about to expire.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    If you receive your AIP letter and have sent your passports to INZ by the time your current temporary visas expire, you don't have to apply for further temporary visas.

If you haven't received the AIP letter and your visas are due to expire, then you will need to apply for further temporary visas.
    Keep the pressure on the Case officer to issue the AIP and make sure they know that you have temporary visas about to expire.
    Thanks Chris I had my AIP letter and sent off my passport they confirmed I have enough time to get it stamped