Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Job responsibilities SMC accountant/IT

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    200

    Default Job responsibilities SMC accountant/IT

    Hi all,

    What if the job responsibilities in the employment agreement is half accounting and half IT technical support ?
    The role is an asssistant accountant role, job description matches with many of the task in ANZSCO 221111, however my boss want me to do IT stuff like purchasing of IT equipment, installation, help with setting up new employee IT system etc.

    The acccounting bits is to support the Financial Controller and the IT part will be to support/backup the IT guy on site.
    They hired me becuase i have an accounting Master degree plus i have an IT diploma.

    How can i explain to CO my role is predominently Accounting instead of IT ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Hi ysc5,

    I am an accountant as well and planning to apply SMC after my IELTS. Would you mind to share your job description (you can pm me please)?

    @JandM and Chris, what does substantially match means in INZ perspective for ANZSCO's versus own Job Description? Some of the duties indicated in ANZSCO pertains to External Auditors, some for Internal Auditors, some for Consulting. A regular accountant can not have it all the mentioned tasks in one job. How can this be explained to CO's?

    Thank you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EVP2017 View Post
    Hi ysc5,

    I am an accountant as well and planning to apply SMC after my IELTS. Would you mind to share your job description (you can pm me please)?

    @JandM and Chris, what does substantially match means in INZ perspective for ANZSCO's versus own Job Description? Some of the duties indicated in ANZSCO pertains to External Auditors, some for Internal Auditors, some for Consulting. A regular accountant can not have it all the mentioned tasks in one job. How can this be explained to CO's?

    Thank you.
    That's right, majority of our(accountant) responsibilities will be spread across the accounting field. Only large companies can afford to hire an accountant to do specific role like Tax, BAS, auditing etc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I applied for residency as under ICT and I only performed that role about 50% of the time and my CO was asking what percentage of my job was matching ANZSCO. It made it tough for me

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstonley View Post
    I applied for residency as under ICT and I only performed that role about 50% of the time and my CO was asking what percentage of my job was matching ANZSCO. It made it tough for me
    Hi jstonley,

    What sort of evidences and justification did you make? Did the CO send questionnaire to you or your employer and asked samples of your work/outputs?

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Hmmm my CO sent Questionnaire but because they are strict now they asked what % of my job was technical at the same time as asking what roles I performed. My manager sadly advised them of roles I performed which were not ICT which prompted them to decline my application along whilst advising me that whilst my role may be technical it was not ICT and there for not Skilled. I appealed and thankfuly the minister approved. i was only awarded 50 points. That has to be a record lol
    Last edited by jstonley; 15th September 2017 at 04:29 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Hi jstonley,

    What's your timeline? Did you have immigration adviser when you appealed? And what do you mean awarded with 50 points?

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EVP2017 View Post
    Hi jstonley,

    What's your timeline? Did you have immigration adviser when you appealed? And what do you mean awarded with 50 points?

    Thanks.
    I lodged EOI last June 2016
    ITA 2 weeks later
    Submitted in September
    CO assigned Jan 2017
    Case offer expressed concerns in Feb 2017
    I replied to his concerns same month
    March 2017 Decline
    Appealed March 2017 with Lawyer.
    Decision upheld by IPT July 2017 however referred to Minister for immigration
    Approved August 2017


    The reason I was only awarded 50 points is because I was not awarded points for skilled employment. As a result I was not awarded points for UK and NZ experience and my qualification was not accepted.

    The reason I was approved was because of my experience and the length of time I had spent with my current employer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Good for you jstonley. Congrats.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstonley View Post
    I lodged EOI last June 2016
    ITA 2 weeks later
    Submitted in September
    CO assigned Jan 2017
    Case offer expressed concerns in Feb 2017
    I replied to his concerns same month
    March 2017 Decline
    Appealed March 2017 with Lawyer.
    Decision upheld by IPT July 2017 however referred to Minister for immigration
    Approved August 2017


    The reason I was only awarded 50 points is because I was not awarded points for skilled employment. As a result I was not awarded points for UK and NZ experience and my qualification was not accepted.

    The reason I was approved was because of my experience and the length of time I had spent with my current employer.

    so how many years you have with the company. And what sort of 'technical' is your job since it is not ICT ?
    Thanks

    And you are really lucky to have appeal and success, congrats

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •