Thread: Removal Of Travel Conditions/PR

Default Removal Of Travel Conditions/PR

I have migrated to NZ under SMC and have resident visa with two years travel conditions. While looking for my skilled job, I have started full time permanent employment with a security company on minimum wage scale. Do I qualify to get PR after completion of following requirement as per INZ 1175 section D;

Applicants for a permanent resident visa:
    To be eligible for a permanent resident visa, you must have met one of the five ‘commitment to New Zealand criteria’ set out below. Please tick to indicate which you meet:
    The principal applicant has established a base in New Zealand.
    Form INZ 1176 illustrates the above as "you have been genuinely employed full-time in New Zealand, in paid employment, for a total of at least nine months in the two-year period immediately before lodging your permanent resident visa application. Employment involving payment by commission and/or retainer is not acceptable."

Not sure if I understand your question.
    To qualify for PR, you need to full fill one of those 5 requirements only.

Here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

At the bottom, click on CHECK CRITERIA button, and select the relevant values. and Click on VIEW.
    The resulting page will exactly explains those 5 criteria.
    I hope you can full fill at least one of them ... such as staying in NZ for 182 days in an year preceding the application date.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner1 View Post
    I have migrated to NZ under SMC and have resident visa with two years travel conditions. While looking for my skilled job, I have started full time permanent employment with a security company on minimum wage scale. Do I qualify to get PR after completion of following requirement as per INZ 1175 section D;

Applicants for a permanent resident visa:
    To be eligible for a permanent resident visa, you must have met one of the five ‘commitment to New Zealand criteria’ set out below. Please tick to indicate which you meet:
    The principal applicant has established a base in New Zealand.
    Form INZ 1176 illustrates the above as "you have been genuinely employed full-time in New Zealand, in paid employment, for a total of at least nine months in the two-year period immediately before lodging your permanent resident visa application. Employment involving payment by commission and/or retainer is not acceptable."
    That is not ALL that is required. You must have held a Resident visa for at least two years, and you must provide evidence you have met any conditions of your current resident visa, as well as meeting one of the five criteria for proving commitment to NZ. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

Dear JandM
    There are no conditions on my resident visa except travel conditions. Apart from complying with other requirements like holding resident visa for two years, I am trying to comply with the 5th commitment to NZ i.e., The principal applicant has established a base in New Zealand. (I could not complete 183 days in the first year.)
    My query is whether my present job which is full time employment with a security company on minimum wages complies with the 5th commitment to NZ.

What you have quoted isn't the whole of the regulation about having an established base in NZ. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30505.htm RV2.5.50 has this, and you need to note the bolded parts, which all apply. (From what you have posted, I understand you're asking about your job, and it's not clear whether you have noticed the other parts of this requirement.)
    RV2.5.20 Base established in New Zealand

A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have established a base in New Zealand. A principal applicant is considered to have established a base in New Zealand if:
    each and every member of their immediate family who was included in their application for a resident visa has resided in New Zealand for at least 184 days in the two year period immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made; and
    they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of at least 41 days in the 12 months immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made;
    and either
    they own and maintain a family home in New Zealand; or
    they have been engaged in full time continuous genuine employment in New Zealand immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made.

For the purpose of these instructions applicants are considered to own and maintain a family home in New Zealand if:
    they have purchased a residential property in New Zealand within 12 months of their first day in New Zealand as a resident and still own that property either solely or jointly with members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa; and
    they and/or members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa occupy that property.
    Evidence of owning and maintaining a home in New Zealand includes but is not limited to items in the name of the applicant and/or members of their immediate family who were included in the application for a resident visa such as:
    mortgage documents or title deeds to the residential property
    rates demands
    home and contents insurance cover
    invoices for telephone, electricity, gas, or water
    documents showing that household effects have been moved to New Zealand
    For the purpose of these instructions, applicants are considered to have been engaged in full time continuous employment in New Zealand if they can produce evidence of genuine full time paid employment in New Zealand for a period or periods amounting to at least 9 months in the 24 months immediately preceding the date the application for the permanent resident visa was made. Employment involving payment by commission and/or retainer is not acceptable. Self-employment is acceptable if they can produce evidence of genuine lawful active involvement in the management and operating of a business in New Zealand which the principal applicant has established, purchased, or has a shareholding in.
    The job you describe, as you're legally employed, and have been for at least the minimum amount of time mentioned, should meet the requirement - there is no restriction on residents as to what they do.

Dear JandM
    Thanks for your reply. I have noticed other requirements of the regulation like 184 days stay of other members of the family, 41 days stay in the preceding year.
    My query was about my job which you have already replied. Since its not in the same profession on which I got SMC resident visa, I was not sure whether it complies as Genuine full time employment.
    I also understands that full time job requirement applies to principal applicant and not to other members of application.

Please advise PR application processing time after fulfilling all requirements.

Dear Farfaraway
    Thanks a lot for your guidance

Please advise PR application processing time after fulfilling all requirements.
    As with most INZ procedures, it varies. From recent posts, it seems to be running at 2 - 5 weeks at the moment.

Thanks to all for valuable information

Do let us know the good news soon