Thread: Parent Visa Application

Default Parent Visa Application

Hi,
    I am a NZ Permanent Resident and would like to apply for a Parent Visa for my parents; do my parents need to be working in the Philippines for them to obtain a NZ Parent Visa?

In 2013 they applied for a general tourist visa but got declined due to:
    “you do not have strong employment, financial and/or economic commitments in your home country (E5.10)”
    …Any future application is unlikely to be successful unless your circumstances have changed significantly.

I found it unfair as they did not even ask for any supporting evidences. The application was lodged in the Philippines and during that time I was on a working visa so I was not allowed to sponsor yet.

I am concerned that they might decline the Parent Visa if one of them doesn’t have a strong employment commitment in our home country or have reduced chances of getting approved because they already got declined in 2013 for a tourist visa?

In addition, my mother had her thyroid removed in 2013 due to some lumps/nodules, it was completely removed and is now taking maintenance medication for her thyroid, she has a medical certificate from her endocrinologist that everything is controlled by medication and not considered as a serious concern. Will this impose a problem with her parent visa application? Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by fisherboy444; 18th September 2017 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherboy444 View Post
    Hi,
    I am a NZ Permanent Resident and would like to apply for a Parent Visa for my parents; do my parents need to be working in the Philippines for them to obtain a NZ Parent Visa?

In 2013 they applied for a general tourist visa but got declined due to:
    “you do not have strong employment, financial and/or economic commitments in your home country (E5.10)”
    …Any future application is unlikely to be successful unless your circumstances have changed significantly.

I found it unfair as they did not even ask for any supporting evidences. The application was lodged in the Philippines and during that time I was on a working visa so I was not allowed to sponsor yet.

I am concerned that they might decline the Parent Visa if one of them doesn’t have a strong employment commitment in our home country or have reduced chances of getting approved because they already got declined in 2013 for a tourist visa?

In addition, my mother had her thyroid removed in 2013 due to some lumps/nodules, it was completely removed and is now taking maintenance medication for her thyroid, she has a medical certificate from her endocrinologist that everything is controlled by medication and not considered as a serious concern. Will this impose a problem with her parent visa application? Thank you in advance.
    If you are talking about a parent resident category visa, then its currently closed for selection of further expressions of interest.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

Hi Chris, I am trying to apply for a parent visa not a parent resident category, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fisherboy444 View Post
    Hi Chris, I am trying to apply for a parent visa not a parent resident category, thank you
    then they will still need to demonstrate that they are "bona fide" and meet the health criterea.