Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other ways to check visa status?

Default Other ways to check visa status?

Hi everyone,

I applied residency through my laywer but I don't know how to check my visa status as I don't know if the lawyer submitted it online or in hard copy, and the thing is the laywer just doesn't want to let me know.

So is there any other ways to check visa status if I only know my case number? I have contact details of the 2PC but I am not sure if it would be a good idea to contact her directly.

Btw, my application has been with the 2PC for about 2 weeks so far, and she sent another email to my employer asking for similar questions to part of my CO's questions (about job responsibility), and my employer has responded to it. The 2PC also asked my lawyer to provide extra documents to prove my past experiences. Is that normal as I thought 2PCs only check the quality and credibility of the CO's work?
    I am so stressful now

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Hi everyone,

I applied residency through my laywer but I don't know how to check my visa status as I don't know if the lawyer submitted it online or in hard copy, and the thing is the laywer just doesn't want to let me know.

So is there any other ways to check visa status if I only know my case number? I have contact details of the 2PC but I am not sure if it would be a good idea to contact her directly.

Btw, my application has been with the 2PC for about 2 weeks so far, and she sent another email to my employer asking for similar questions to part of my CO's questions (about job responsibility), and my employer has responded to it. The 2PC also asked my lawyer to provide extra documents to prove my past experiences. Is that normal as I thought 2PCs only check the quality and credibility of the CO's work?
    I am so stressful now
    You can call INZ call centre and ask them to send you the link to check your status online.
    Now in your case since you have applied through LIA, INZ will have your LIA's contact email as first contact so they will send it to your LIA, and you can get the login setup via LIA.
    And from my knowledge 2PC don't do any verification task such as sending emails or questionnaire's. They just do quality check, so I presume 2PC might have pointed out something in your application and send the case back to your CO, who then would have sent email to your employer to verify the things pointed out by 2PC, and if once CO is convinced then the case again goes back to 2PC.

I am only telling you from what I have understood. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply Romeo.
    Actually two emails to my employer were sent by two different people, that's why I find it weird. Just about 10 days after my employer responded to the first email from my CO, another email was sent to my employer from another immigration officer so it must be the 2PC I guess?

Looks like you can create a RealMe NZ account and try to check the status.

so it must be the 2PC I guess?
    I doubt it. 2pc officials do not communicate directly with applicants - if they find any issues, they send the case back to the CO who worked it for things to be sorted out. The first email could have been from a clerk, and the second from your CO, allocated in the meantime, or else the first could have been from a CO, and the case has been moved to another afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    Thanks for that farfar, I have never aoplied visa online so I didnt know that. Will try to create an account

Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    Thanks for that farfar, I have never aoplied visa online so I didnt know that. Will try to create an account

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I doubt it. 2pc officials do not communicate directly with applicants - if they find any issues, they send the case back to the CO who worked it for things to be sorted out. The first email could have been from a clerk, and the second from your CO, allocated in the meantime, or else the first could have been from a CO, and the case has been moved to another afterwards.
    Is there any chance that the 2PC just want to double check if the respose was sent by my employer as when my employer responded to the first email from my CO, she didn't received it, then a month later she contacted my lawyer saying that. I had to ask my employer to forward the responded email to my self, then my lawyer forwarded it to my CO. Few days later my employer received another email from another Immigration officer.

It's all guesswork unless someone from INZ tells you, which they're not very likely to do. Be happy - you at least know that people from INZ are actively doing things with your case.

Thanks Jand, it's an unpleasant feeling when your destiny is in the hands of others but you can do anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast