Thread: Help needed for visitor visa of worker spouse timeline

Default Help needed for visitor visa of worker spouse timeline

Hi .. I have been reading posts on this forum, and they have been a great help. Regarding my situation:
    My husband applied for temp visitor visa on 11 Aug in New Delhi branch. I am on job search visa and visa is expiring in few months. Last week CO had called my husband but, he could not attend as he was driving. CO said that she would call later and in few minutes she called my father in law. Interview with him took 15 minutes and CO sent our IA an email.
    Email stated that as my visaexpiry date on my passport is near, she cannot give any visa to my husband till I get a new visa. IA replied her on 15 Sept with decision letter of my work visa by INZ and my future plans. After that no response from CO.

Actually as my passport was expiring next month, INz had given a decision letter that though am eligible to work till dec, visa is stamped till sept. INZ said that I should take balance of visa on new passport.
    My question is: Is CO waiting for my visa to be stamped on new passport? Only then my husband shall receive approval?? Has CO approved application and only waiting for my balance of visa? And lastly can CO interview us again or will give decision directly??

Thanks in advance .. quick response will be appreciated ..
    Last edited by BunnyR; 19th September 2017 at 10:45 PM.

Is CO waiting for my visa to be stamped on new passport? Only then my husband shall receive approval?? Has CO approved application and only waiting for my balance of visa?
    There is no way anyone here can know, any better than you yourself. You can get your LIA to ask the CO what the situation is, and if there is anything further any of you can usefully do to help the process along at this point.
    And lastly can CO interview us again or will give decision directly??
    INZ officials have very wide powers, and can interview anyone, any time, about any matter that they think will be useful in obtaining information relating to a case.

Thanks JandM .. its been a week since interview was done .. i assume CO wants to see visa on my new passport and then shall give visa to my husband .. am so confused ..

You're not alone. Nobody likes the waiting and not knowing while INZ are working on their case. Hang in there.