Thread: how to extend our stay?

Default how to extend our stay?

Hi,

my wife's visa runs out in November and we need to extend it. Question is what kind of visa would you recommend?
    I am now about to apply for a work visa and would get her a Partner of a worker Visa but still waiting for NZQA and police certificates so we gradually run out of time.

My wife is on a 7-months VV but as we are German she can go for a whole 9 month VV. Does that make sense or are there other options for our case, e.g. with the job offer that I have? Like interims visa perhaps?

THX

She has the right to apply for another visa from within NZ right up until the present visa runs out - as long as it is lodged, then INZ can issue an Interim visa to keep her legal during processing any kind of temporary visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa

So if you are ready to apply for your work visa while her visa is still running, she could apply at the same time for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa, linked to yours. You would need to send a covering letter explaining that the two applications are linked, then INZ will work it as one case, supplying the information she would not know at the beginning, such as your visa number, as it becomes available.

I see your point about the longer visitor visa that she could get in theory, but don't forget, a visitor visa is not a catch-all for any time when a person hasn't been able to get a visa that covers the real situation (unless INZ issues it in full knowledge of the circumstances). A visitor is supposed to be someone who is there for a limited time, intending to go back to a different country at the end of their stay - and obviously, that is not your wife's situation, since her husband has a job offer.

thank you so much. as usual you are a big big help! THX