Thread: ITA Recevied. But not living together as of now.

Default ITA Recevied. But not living together as of now.

Hi all,

I need some help here. I'm not sure what to do regarding this matter:

Our ITA (I am main applicant, ITA includes my parther) was received on Aug 2017 when we were still living together.

However as off now (Sep 2017), we do not meet 2 requirements yet.

-We don't have 12 mths living together proof. We managed to collect 9 mths of proof but separated because I move away for this skill job which my SMC is based on.
    -We are currently not living together

She plans to move to live with me in Nov 2017.

Can I still lodge my SMC documents explaining we are not currently living together because............?

Is it correct to say even if we don't have 12 mths of evidence yet, we must at least be living together when we lodge the application?
    Last edited by yanyanyan881; 24th September 2017 at 11:32 AM.

You have a bit of an argument ahead of you, but you MAY be able to make it work out all right.

INZ are not allowed to accept assurances that something WILL BE in the future. Putting in an application, which is a legal document, is the equivalent of signing that this is the truth, then that minute. And, as we all know, the best intentions sometimes don't work out.

HOWEVER, if you look at the heading Time spent living apart here, https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...on/partnership, you'll see that INZ will sometimes recognize that a couple can of necessity have to live in different places for a while, as long as they prove (by e.g. phone and Skype records, interdependent finances etc.) that they have kept strong links and maintained their partnership . You have a good and solid reason - that the job you were offered was somewhere else - so you moved to take it, with the intention that your partner will join you as soon as she can.

JandM thank you for your help!