Thread: previously married partner

Default previously married partner

Hi,
    My partner was married previously and she is separated from her husband from past 3 years but not divorced, and we are in relationship from more then one year,living together from last 3 months.
    can she support my work visa application and residence visa application later.
    Thanks

As mentioned on your previous thread, as long as her involvement in being sponsored was more than five years ago, and she only has the ONE previous sponsorship, then yes.

Can anyone please give some advice .

Getting separate after marriage work same way like getting separate without marriage?

I mean on papers we still legally married but we not living together and have no contact at all from one n half year. But not divorced yet as according to nz law , u can only apply for divorce once u prove to court u have no contact from last 2 years
    And now I am filling Permanent residency form. Got residency from my ex wife sponsored.

On application I tick married or separated?

Your partner is nz citizen .. yes, no or not applicable?

You live with your partner No or not applicable??

Mention ur immediate family not included in this application.. I have to write my ex wife name ??

I m more confuse I also had my ex wife name on my Indian passport last page as spouse name .??

Please please someone any advice. As we still legally married on papers. I dont want to tick or give wrong information to immigration.

Thanx a lot

The following is my non-professional opinion of what I would do in the situation you have described. Don't worry too much that the questions on the form don't fit what is happening to you at the moment - you just need to explain as necessary, and can include a covering letter if the answers to the questions don't seem to make things clear enough. If INZ ask for evidence that you are separated, you can ask your landlord for a letter stating that you don't have your wife with you where you live, and you can give your wife's last known address.

On application I tick married or separated?
    Separated.

Your partner is nz citizen .. yes, no or not applicable?
    Yes, or Not applicable.

You live with your partner No or not applicable??
    No, or Not applicable.

Mention ur immediate family not included in this application.. I have to write my ex wife name ??
    No. You're separated from her, and she's not a blood relation, so she's not one of your family. She never would have been included in any visa application in any case, because she is a NZ citizen, and therefore can't hold a NZ visa.
    I m more confuse I also had my ex wife name on my Indian passport last page as spouse name .??
    She WAS your wife when the information was put in the passport. You won't include her on your next passport, obviously.

Hi Jandm thanx for reply.

Is deceased member of family still comes under immediate family?

No, you need not mention people who have died. INZ ask about family members so they have them on record in case in the future any of them apply for visas mentioning that you, their relative, are already there, then they can check more easily.

Hi jandm thanx for ur replies.
    As I got my residency in india on partnership basis. There is question on PR application that I have met the conditions of my resident permit. Yes it nit applicable.

I m confused. On my resident Visa it say, initial stay depend on entry permission, I got entry to nz in 2018, is this will be the one condition that I fully fill and other condition of showing commitment to nz.

So I will tick yes I met the conditions or not applicable as there were no any other condition on residency ??

Thank you

Sorry, but we can not legally tell you how to fill out the form. You may want to try your local Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Don't forget, this form is for everybody, and some didn't get their residence in the same way as you did. Those whose residence was because of their skilled job sometimes have conditions such as having to stay with the same employer for x number of months, but this sort of condition doesn't get imposed on partners. So you had none. (Entry permission is simply going through the line at the immigration desk at the airport upon arrival.)