Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Partnership - Residence

Oh okay, I think these verifications done by clerks/suppoet officers. I asked inz today about my number in queue but she said they can't tell that but there is no CO at the momemt

Okay jandm for detail.
    I got acknowledgement letter on 1st stember and preliminary verification finish on 22 nd September and waiting for CO

Thanks JandM

Just clarifying - Is the Preliminary verification where the clerks check applocation etc. before it can be considered 'Lodged' then it goes into queue to await CO who will then verify the evidence in more details then the clerk?

I don't know. It seems to happen around the same time, but without being in an INZ office, I don't think anyone would be able to tell you.

Thanks JandM

Unhappy Arrrgghhhhh

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would shared my timeline and experience (so far) with everyone.

-I originally applied for Partnership Resident Visa in June.... Failed lodgment because I left some sections blanked rather than writing NA and I provided a certified translated version of my birth certificate rather than the original (which is in Thai)
    - Took me a while to get hold of my Thai birth certificate but managed to corrected my mistakes and resubmitted in July... Failed Lodgment again!!!!! This time because they wanted police checks from my country to citizenship which is Thailand (haven't lived there since 10 years old) and UK (already provided)...
    - Thai police check is one of the hardest to get hold of especially when you haven't lived there for over 10 years, don't have the documents needed to complete the checks and not physically in Thailand
    - I contacted INZ call center serval times and was given different responses to my situation. I found this process to be super annoying and the staff members wasn't very helpful AT ALL.
    - A couple of weeks of struggle and seeking advices: I was able to write a statue of declaration stating that I haven't committed any crime in Thailand- in place of my Thai police check
    - Resubmitted my application in August
    - Lodgments Date: 11th August 2017
    - Full medical received: 25th august 2017

Still awaiting CO! Just contacted INZ to check on the progress and was informed that it could be 8-12 months.. WTF!!! What happened to 4 month processing time?

RANT OVER. Sorry guys! Not having a very good experience of this whole process so far :/

Inz very busy at the moment plus it look like, they not giving much importance to residency application based on partnership .

Quote Originally Posted by luckylovemom View Post
    Inz very busy at the moment plus it look like, they not giving much importance to residency application based on partnership .
    Hi Luckylovemom

Oh really? Why is that?

My partner and I are looking to buy our first home and we cant get our mortgage approve until I get my visa approved (even tho my partner is a NZ citizen) arghhhhhhhhh. I hate waiting haha.

What happened to 4 month processing time?
    Times estimated on the INZ website or by staff are only ever their best guess, never a promise.

Things at INZ are difficult at the moment. Around a year ago, they started to struggle to process an unprecedented wave of applications as a result of the strange political situations in the USA and UK. Apart from that, they are undergoing a change of structure, with many overseas offices closing down, and the work being brought onshore, all to be processed in NZ, so a lot of new staff are having to be taken on and trained. And apart from that, the regulations for applications under the Skilled Migrant Category were all changed at the end of August, so the first cases to which the new rules apply are just starting to be worked on, slowly at first as officials get used to the procedure.

Partnership cases are never high priority (that is, there are not so many officials working them). The main point of visas given to foreigners, as far as the NZ government is concerned, is to get people with scarcer skills into the country's work-force. Family-stream applications are a courtesy, a sweetener, to workers and citizens.

You hate waiting. Yes - join the gang! So does every other person with an application in to INZ. It's normal human nature.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast