Thread: Posting passport

Default Posting passport

Hi there,

Does anybody know how long it takes to get your passport back once you send it for verification? I'll be applying (in the uk) for an essential skills visa on the 2nd October and going by what it says on the criteria ill have to send my passport. The trouble is I fly to Amsterdam on the 18th and wondered if I'm likely to get it back in time?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rokey1974 View Post
    Hi there,

Does anybody know how long it takes to get your passport back once you send it for verification? I'll be applying (in the uk) for an essential skills visa on the 2nd October and going by what it says on the criteria ill have to send my passport. The trouble is I fly to Amsterdam on the 18th and wondered if I'm likely to get it back in time?

Thanks
    I wouldn't rely on it being returned when you need it. I'd be delaying my travel if possible.

Hi there,

Thanks
    For me I applied twice for me and once for my wife in dubai office, and every time it takes around one week , and most of the time was in courier, so 2 days in NZ office and remaining is just courier.

BTW, after I applied the asked for my passport after 2 days,

It is risky and I am not sure if London office is the same or not.

Thanks for the replies! Can't delay the travel plans unfortunately as everything is booked.. Might try and contact them and see what they say

Think ahead, though. You won't have any choice about not travelling if your passport hasn't come back, booked tickets or not.

That's a fair point Jandm, might have to leave the application until after the 18th October? Do you know if the process time of 20 days is about right for an essential skills visa?

That's a fair point Jandm, might have to leave the application until after the 18th October? Do you know if the process time of 20 days is about right for an essential skills visa?
    20 Working days is probably the minimum.
    Are you lodging the application online? If you did that "Now", then you could explain that you need your passport for travel, but will get it to the VAC soon after your return from travel?

That sounds like a good idea ChrisMwn! At least I've got the ball rolling with the application. Could ideally do with the visa being in place by end of November.. Optimistic?