Thread: EOI and interim Visa

Default EOI and interim Visa

Hi,

will my wife (currently on VV) get the interim Visa as soon as I (principal applicant) hand in the EOI including her as my partner? Or does it start as soon as we get the ITA?

THX
    Last edited by hansel; 28th September 2017 at 10:36 AM.

I'm looking back at your earlier thread. I see you were thinking then of applying for a work visa, and at the same time your wife could apply for a partner of a worker visa.

INZ aren't able to issue an Interim visa when what is being waited for is residence - only a temporary work visa of some kind. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a/interim-visa

Yes, Work Visa was the first idea but now we think about SMC.
    My wifes VV will run out on 11.November so what might be the best solution here when we want to go fr SMC?

What are people doing if their current Visa runs out while INZ is still processing the SMC Visa? After all it does take 6 months to process residency visas for INZ.

There is NO provision for any interim visa for residence. If your/her legal present visa is going to run out before there is any chance of the application under SMC finishing, there is no choice but to apply for a temporary work visa of some kind. If you don't do that, whichever person's visa runs out will become illegal, and their application under SMC cannot then continue.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There is NO provision for any interim visa for residence. If your/her legal present visa is going to run out before there is any chance of the application under SMC finishing, there is no choice but to apply for a temporary work visa of some kind. If you don't do that, whichever person's visa runs out will become illegal, and their application under SMC cannot then continue.
    Can the pricipal applicant lodge new work visa application online even one day before his current work visa expires? And do the same will be required for the partner and dependant children? What if visa expires on the Sunday and the new work visa application is lodged online on Satuarday (not a working day), any impact on the status?

If new visa application is lodged, is there any possibility that the pricipal applicant is granted interim visa (e.g. on a reason that the new visa application was lodged very close to visa expiry) when SMC is already in progress.

Can the pricipal applicant lodge new work visa application online even one day before his current work visa expires? And do the same will be required for the partner and dependant children?
    Yes, and yes.
    What if visa expires on the Sunday and the new work visa application is lodged online on Satuarday (not a working day), any impact on the status?
    I can't find the regulation, but I think I HAVE read it. Ask ChrisMwn this question - I think he will know.

If new visa application is lodged, is there any possibility that the pricipal applicant is granted interim visa (e.g. on a reason that the new visa application was lodged very close to visa expiry) when SMC is already in progress.
    This is the only way to get an interim visa when you're waiting for the result of a residence application. INZ can't issue Interim visas for residence applications, only for applications for the various kinds of temporary visas. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/interim-visa