Thread: Should I update my employment status to INZ?

Default Should I update my employment status to INZ?

I was an offshore applicant of SMC since last year. I came to New Zealand this year and finished my interview with my Case Officer 1.5 months ago holding Visitor's visa. After that, around 3 weeks ago, I got my Open Work Visa approved (as a partner). Currently, I have a job offer with the title exactly same as the occupation in my SMC application. It's a long term contract. No termination date mentioned in the contract. But, there is a trial period for 3 months.

I don't know what stage my application is currently in, maybe 2pc? or maybe still in the CO stage. My questions are:

1. Can this offer (with trial period) help me to get the RV?
    2. Should I update it to my CO now, or after I get my 9 months job search visa?
    3. If I update it to INZ, will it slow down the processing procedure? Like to take more time in investigating the company, etc. Or even affect my application negatively?
    4. Shall there be any questionnaire or further check with the company to take more time, if I update it now or if I update after I hold the job search visa?

Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by fleur2005 View Post
    I was an offshore applicant of SMC since last year. I came to New Zealand this year and finished my interview with my Case Officer 1.5 months ago holding Visitor's visa. After that, around 3 weeks ago, I got my Open Work Visa approved (as a partner). Currently, I have a job offer with the title exactly same as the occupation in my SMC application. It's a long term contract. No termination date mentioned in the contract. But, there is a trial period for 3 months.

I don't know what stage my application is currently in, maybe 2pc? or maybe still in the CO stage. My questions are:

1. Can this offer (with trial period) help me to get the RV?
    2. Should I update it to my CO now, or after I get my 9 months job search visa?
    3. If I update it to INZ, will it slow down the processing procedure? Like to take more time in investigating the company, etc. Or even affect my application negatively?
    4. Shall there be any questionnaire or further check with the company to take more time, if I update it now or if I update after I hold the job search visa?

Thanks very much!
    Firstly its not the job title that determines if the job offer is skilled, but rather whether there is a substantial match between the tasks listed for the occupation in ANZSCO and your role.

If the permanent job offer is for skilled employment (regardless that it has a 90 day clause) , you could submit it now.
    The offer will have to undergo verification, which will involve contact with the employer.

Since you already hold an open work visa, its unlikely that a job search visa would be issued, and your SMC application would continue towards a final decision.
    Sounds like you also have a back up option of being approved under Partnership for residence if you have lived together for 12 months

Thanks, Chris!

I have been granted the 9 months JSV, and have updated my employment status to CO. It seems it will take another several months for the job verification.

Could you help to explain that, if the verification result is OK, what will I get? A RV with condition that I have to work for this particular company for 3 months? If I don't(such as I resign, or get fired), what will happen? Or the condition is that I have to work for any company for 3 months?

Thanks!

BTW, do I still need to apply for the JSV?