Thread: Case Officer

Default Case Officer

What does this mean ?? Please remember that you need to remain in New Zealand lawfully whilst your application is being processed
    I am really scared as i am travelling to my home country for 1 month after lodge my SMC application ?

When a CO is assigned, he/she sends you an email. I found this in one of thread

I am writing regarding your application for a resident visa in New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category that was lodged on XXX

This is to advise that your application has been assigned to me for assessment.

Please remember that you need to remain in New Zealand lawfully whilst your application is being processed.
    Please help, thank you so much !!

When a CO is assigned, he/she sends you an email.
    No, not all COs routinely announce themselves. This one happened to send out this message to one applicant.

The sentence you have quoted does NOT mean you are not allowed to leave New Zealand at all. It is reminding the applicant that they must make sure they are legally allowed to be in NZ, covered by some other sort of valid visa, while their residence application is being considered.

You just saved my life !!

Thank you so much JandM

Do make sure that your current visa has the multiple entry permission, in good time before you intend to go on holiday - you want to be able to get back.

Hi JandM,

Just checked it has multiple entry permission.
    The number of times you may enter New Zealand using this visa is: Multiple
    Also, I am going get married on my holidays. Therefore my partnership status is going to change after lodging the application.

Should I inform Immigration right after getting married or should I wait for the case office allocation and than let my CO know about my status ?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by nzgeek View Post
    Hi JandM,

Just checked it has multiple entry permission.
    Also, I am going get married on my holidays. Therefore my partnership status is going to change after lodging the application.

Should I inform Immigration right after getting married or should I wait for the case office allocation and than let my CO know about my status ?

Thanks a lot
    I was in same situation, I applied for visa, went for holiday, got married,

How I did was, I rang them and told about change of relationship status (when got married) and when I got back to NZ, I sent them photocopies of marriage certificate, wife's documents and letter explaining that now I am married and do not want to include my partner on visa application as she would anyway not meet partnership requirements (of living together for 12 months),

Later on....INZ asked these details of my partner's immediate family members, names, DOB, Place of birth, Country of residence and if I was including them etc... maybe you can be pro-active and send them along with your marriage certificate?

Hi Harryj

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated !!
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by nzgeek View Post
    Hi Harryj

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated !!
    Thanks a lot
    No worries, good luck!