Thread: ITA submission questions - please help urgently!!

Unhappy ITA submission questions - please help urgently!!

Hi,

Does anyone know how much time does it take on an average for the ITA to be lodged after submission? Do they accept it via courier or they insist normal post only?

Also, my wife has completed her level 8 course in hospitality, she received a letter from the institute which helped her received the post-study work permit valid for a year. Her graduation ceremony is scheduled in December 2017.

However, in the ITA, I have claimed points for her English language which expires on 8th or 9th October, 2017 (owing to 2 year validity).

So my questions are:
    • If there is a delay in ITA being lodged, post-submission, will the letter from the institute stating she has completed her course successfully accepted in lieu of the English test expiring on October 8 or 9? Can I submit my ITA via courier or only normal post?
    • I am getting increasingly worried since her IELTS is expiring and the graduation ceremony is being held in December but her institute has already confirmed completion of her studies successfully (letter issued by them) - this is how she also received a post-study work visa.
    • Also, my tenancy agreement is in joint names but started in January of this year. We have been married for more than 5 years. So what type of proof can be acceptable other than the requirements already listed for proving partnership for at-least 12 months.
    • Do I need to resubmit pictures again - I have already submitted at the time of lodging the work visa based on partnership twice so far, for 2 visas, each lasting a year each.

Thanks in advance.

If there is a delay in ITA being lodged, post-submission, will the letter from the institute stating she has completed her course successfully accepted in lieu of the English test expiring on October 8 or 9?
    It apparently depends on whether or not her Level 8 course studied for NZ lasted at least a year. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/66777.htm
    Can I submit my ITA via courier or only normal post?
    I don't actually know, but I can't imagine that it matters as long as it gets there. Anybody?
    Also, my tenancy agreement is in joint names but started in January of this year. We have been married for more than 5 years. So what type of proof can be acceptable other than the requirements already listed for proving partnership for at-least 12 months.
    See old threads for discussion and examples. https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...49.jWyobJeAbao
    Do I need to resubmit pictures again - I have already submitted at the time of lodging the work visa based on partnership twice so far, for 2 visas, each lasting a year each.
    Yes. Each application is a new beginning, being processed by a different CO , probably in a different office. In theory your old evidence is sort of on record in the system, but only some of it is actually scanned in, with the rest just noted as having been seen. Make it the easiest you can for the new CO, by providing papers they can look at on their desk, rather than expecting them to try to access the old applications.

Hi JandM, her course lasted more than a year. Would that be acceptable in lieu, considering graduation ceremony is in December? She has a letter from the institute stating successfully completed the course.

Also how much time does it take for the application to be lodged after submission?

In that case, it looks as though the course would be enough evidence of English.

There is no certain answer to the question about lodgement. It depends on how busy that particular office is.

Thanks a lot!

What does lodgement actually mean?

If the IELTS expires on October 9 but the document is received by them on October 7, is that considered valid or expired?

JanM please clarify?

Lodgement is when the details of the case are loaded into the INZ computer system, so there may be a wait AFTER the package physically arrives at the INZ office, BEFORE it gets to be its turn to be unwrapped and a clerk types the outline details into the computer. The wait can vary considerably in length depending on the volume of applications arriving before and at the same time as yours. So it's going to be a matter of sheer chance - not predictable - whether your lodgement happens before expiry of the IELTS certificate, even though the package may already have been in the building.