Thread: Resident to Permanent Resident Visa and few other queries...

Default Resident to Permanent Resident Visa and few other queries...

Hi everyone,

My wife is permanent resident visa holder and based on that, Me and My son (6yr) were approved resident visa last year Jan 2016. We moved to New Zealand in April 2016. We have been living here since then. After few calls to INZ, I get to know that I can apply for my permanent resident visa 2 years after "activating" my resident visa which is May 2018. fair enough, but now my circumstances have changed. My wife is 3 months pregnant and we are thinking to move back to India in Dec 2017 and deliver child there.

So Questions

1) If we move back to India in Dec 2017, We will be finishing 184 days criteria for previous 2 years when I apply for permanent resident visa in May 2018. So can I apply from India or do I have to be present in New Zealand for that (along with my son)?

2) Will my new born get permanent resident visa as well if we apply for him in future?

I also have other supporting proof e.g. set up company here in New Zealand, tax residency status etc.

Thanks for your help.
    PSS

See If you're out of New Zealand and don't have travel conditions at the bottom of this page. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident

If your new baby were to be born in NZ of resident parents, s/he would be a NZ citizen. However, if s/he is born outside NZ, although you both hold resident status, s/he will have no NZ status at all, but if (only if) you then go back to NZ to live, s/he could apply for residence as the dependent child of residents. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

Thanks JandM,

So that means I can go back to India and apply for Permanent Resident Visa once I finish 2 years of Resident Visa without coming back to New Zealand, which is great. Thank you so much for your reply.

PSS