Thread: Seeking advice for settling down in Lower Hutt

Default Seeking advice for settling down in Lower Hutt

Hi all

It has been 1 year since we relocated to NZ. Thank God we had passed the stressful period during the early time moving to a new country. Finding jobs in Wellington was the most difficult experience we have had. And now, finding a house to settle down is not easy as well. The housing price in Wellington keeps increasing since we have been here. We are renting in Maungaraki, Lower Hutt and our kids have been getting familiar with the schooling here. So, we are thinking of buying a house to settle down in Maungaraki or other nearby suburbs. However, it is really difficult to find an affordable house as the house price in Western Hills area including Maungaraki, Korokoro, Normandale, Harbour View, Tirohanga is quite high. There are some more affordable houses in Kelson but some people tell us Kelson is considered an isolated and inpotential location regarding to New Zealander's standard. I would like to seek some advice from our experienced members about a good place to settle down in Lower Hutt. Our preference is a safe and friendly suburb with good decile school zone. Your opinion will be very helpful to our consideration and decision. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Sorry, I forgot mentioning about our budget. We have a budget from 550K to 600K for our house search.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiti View Post
    Sorry, I forgot mentioning about our budget. We have a budget from 550K to 600K for our house search.
    For a 3 or 4 bedrooms house.