Thread: certified digital copies for IQA

Default certified digital copies for IQA

Hi everyone,

do I actually need to get certified copies for my original documents in German (university degree, etc.)?
    As you can only send them via email and no hard copy, will it not be sufficient to just scan the originals?

The only thing I could think of is that some originals have front and backside and only one side shows the original seal from the university. So I would have to get an authority to proof that also pages without seal are "correct"...?

I don't know >> very confused! Thanks for help.

Quote Originally Posted by hansel View Post
    Hi everyone,

do I actually need to get certified copies for my original documents in German (university degree, etc.)?
    As you can only send them via email and no hard copy, will it not be sufficient to just scan the originals?

The only thing I could think of is that some originals have front and backside and only one side shows the original seal from the university. So I would have to get an authority to proof that also pages without seal are "correct"...?

I don't know >> very confused! Thanks for help.
    I just checked the NZQA website and realized that the IQA process has changed. I completed my IQA just in May this year, at that moment they only accept hard copies, mean I have sent my degree certification original hardcopies to them by courier! Now it is more reasonable they accept scanned softcopy and sent by email, much better than before.

Refer to your question, I just read on the website and I think now they want you to make certified copies for your original documents in hard copies, and then scan those certified hard copies into soft copies and send to them by email (seems no need to send any hard copies anymore). I am referring to here:
    http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ents-required/

For your question about proof, I am not clear on your question. You need to find an acceptable authorities in your country to make the true copies, I think this is enough to proof your documents are true copies.

You better send email to ask NZQA to ensure you do correct actions. Since accepting soft copies instead hard copies is a new policy, I think no much people in this forum have experience on this. Hope you could share your valuable IQA experience in new policy here after you got your result.
    Last edited by kne; 6th October 2017 at 05:57 AM.

thank you for your answer.

Just called NZQA:
    - get colored copies of originals
    - take originals and copies to an authority to certify them (signature/stamp)
    - scan the cert. copies
    - send scans to NZQA
    - take a deep breath and have a tea