Thread: Software Engineer - IPENZ? SMC

Default Software Engineer - IPENZ? SMC

Hi all,,

I'm planning to claim points on my work experience for 4-6 years. I'm a Developer programmer for all the 6 years.. but my first 3years work experience letter states that "Software Engineer" in the experience letter offered by my first company.

In this case will INZ ask to submit IPENZ assessment? ANy idea is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Cricfor,

For your case since I guess your qualifications are not related to Engineer, and your working experience is not related to "Engineer". In this sense, I believe you cannot register as an Engineer in IPENZ, and you cannot get any reference letter get from IPENZ.

For my understanding, I believe you can still claim points for your experience. The most important are you have to stage clear in your EOI/ITA, and can prove that your experience of "Software Engineer" is relevant to software development, and the job duties can match with ANZSCO Software developer / Programmer.

What you can do is to provide a reference letter from your previous employer's manager to stage your job duties.