Thread: Partner English language ability

Default Partner English language ability

Hi Friends,

According to the new changes, we should prove that partner has required level of English language ability.

The only option my partner has to prove this is the English Exam like IELTS.

I just want to know whether we need to provide evidence ( IELTS Reference Number and Marks ) when we are submitting EOI or we can wait until the time of ITA ?

Please share your experience 😊

/Thanks
    TVR

The partner has always had to prove English ability, to a higher level if his/her qualification was to be counted in the application, or to pre-pay for ESOL tuition. Current rules here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/66775.htm

If you don't have the IELTS marks to hand, and you don't need points for her qualification, I THINK you can still fill in the EOI saying you will pre-pay ESOL, then later, after you have the result, alter this on the ITA. But that won't work if you need her points.

Hi JandM, on the same topic, if my wife applies for residency under partnership (i'm a resident and she is on partnership work visa), does she need to prove her english language ability? I read somewhere that if she doesn't reach a certain level, a fee will be charged as english course tuition fees. Just want to double check if this is true. Thanks so much JandM!

See the criteria here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria There is no requirement for proof of English for this visa.

Thanks jandM for detail explanations.

Does that mean, we can alter some information via ITA as long as it’s not affected to points ?

I am saying cautiously, yes... cautiously, because if you had large changes to make (like a different job using a qualification you hadn't previously mentioned), it wouldn't be the same application.